This solution is ranked
in What are the best books related to Douglas AdamsRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended science fiction and fantasy books by NPRRead user opinions
in What are the best comedic Science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best humorous booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books to make you laughRead user opinions
in What are the best lighthearted literary worksRead user opinions
in What are the best books by authors under 30Read user opinions
in What are the best books of the 1970sRead user opinions
in What are the best famous fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best 20th century science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with funny titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best humorous fantasy and science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best narrated audiobooksRead user opinions
in What are the best hilarious sci-fi and fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best comedy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read light novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best space opera booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels similar to Artemis FowlRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read before you dieRead user opinions
in What are the best british science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with dark humorRead user opinions
in What are the best short novels (any genre)Read user opinions
in What are the best British and Irish literary worksRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature teleportationRead user opinions
in What are the best audiobooks for road tripsRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended science fiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books from the DCPL Teen Humor BooklistRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read awesome books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books written by witty authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books mentioned in the show Leyla and MecnunRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read novels from the Modern Library listRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction novels from 1980 to 1990Read user opinions
in What are the best must-read books according to Daily TelegraphRead user opinions
in What are the best Books for teen boysRead user opinions
in What are the best books told in third person point-of-viewRead user opinions
in What are the best philosophical science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books mentioned in Jo Walton's Among OthersRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for older teen boysRead user opinions
in What are the best absurdist fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction novels by MasterworksRead user opinions
in What are the best audiobooks to listen toRead user opinions
in What are the best debut novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with strange storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best BBC book list challengeRead user opinions
in What are the best books for the modern day hippieRead user opinions
in What are the best Science fiction novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- "I've always heard really good things about this book. That is why I decided to give this book a try. It is a very eye opening book to read. I really recommend people to read this book."
- "A book everybody has heard of but not everybody has taken the time to read, which is a shame because it is a classic. It doesn't get extremely deep and doesn't expand too much into depth of a storyline or characters, but what it does do, it does wonderfully. Short, satirical chapters that are so witty and clever you will be rolling only a few chapters in."
- "Douglas Adams' novel has no category, really: one can't call it straight sci fi, or fantasy. It's part satire and part philosophical novel. When I was young I didn't really like this book; as I've gotten older I've learned to appreciate its wry and sometimes silly humor. "
- "If you've ever asked anyone about a funny book to read, you've probably heard of Hitchhiker's Guide. There's a good reason for that - it's hilarious! This book is a masterpiece of the randomness of the universe mirroring the madness of everyday life, much to the dismay of unfortunate Arthur Dent. It's a classic sci-fi/humor novel, and it's worth its weight in gold."
- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a literary classic that seamlessly blends humor and science fiction in a delightful tale about a man's adventures in space. The first stories were better than the latter one, but an overall enjoyable read. Read this book to figure out why people quote "42" and have a weird fondness over towels. ""The genius of Douglas Adams is never better captured than in this book, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's a brilliant and imaginative read whose dry humor really hits the sweet spot. Hands down one of the essential lighthearted literary works of all time."
- "Easily one of my all time favorite books, and still one of the best of all time. The later novels got a little farther away from the "guide" concept, but this has all the best jokes and really makes me want a real one, because it's so much fun. Eleventy billion stars, minus a few for style."
- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a really amazing book and the perfect read for a fans of 20th century science fiction novels. It is a very unique book with a film adaptation, so it is hugely successful. This is a book that you will definitely want to read. It will make you not want to pit it down!"
- "I'm usually not a big fan of audiobooks, as I prefer to emphasis important bits myself in my head. But I decided to give this a try, since I've already read the book many times and have my own interpretations. It's very well done. The book is a classic for good reason, and the chosen narrator is very good at bringing it to life. "
- "he Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is to step into the garden shed of a maverick genius while he's out, to discover what ideas he has left lying around. But it is also as though Douglas Adams is speaking to you personally, gently, as he guides you through a perplexing world. That towel you used this morning to dry yourself off after your shower possesses more power and is more useful that you have ever imagined"
- "After watching the movie once again, I decided to read the book, so I ordered "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" on Amazon. What to say: the book is fantastic! It made me laugh as much as the movie, and I've been able to play another movie in my mind while reading it! I suggest it to all the lovers of the comedy genre."
- "Seconds before Earth is demolished to make way for a galactic freeway, Arthur Dent is plucked off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher for the revised edition of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy who, for the last fifteen years, has been posing as an out-of-work actor. Together, this dynamic pair began a journey through space aided by a galaxyful of fellow travelers: Zaphod Beeblebrox—the two-headed, three-armed ex-hippie and totally out-to-lunch president of the galaxy; Trillian (formerly Tricia McMillan), Zaphod’s girlfriend, whom Arthur tried to pick up at a cocktail party once upon a time zone; Marvin, a paranoid, brilliant, and chronically depressed robot; and Veet Voojagig, a former graduate student obsessed with the disappearance of all the ballpoint pens he’s bought over the years. Where are these pens? Why are we born? Why do we die? For all the answers, stick your thumb to the stars!"
- "Douglas Adams' classic novel is just as good as ever. Imagine you are carrying on with your life on a perfectly normal day... and then the world disappears because of alien attack. THEN you learn your best friend is one of them! This hilarious book is well worth the read for anyone over the age of 16. "
- "I loved this whole series and yes it had so much dark humor. These books are classic and everyone should read them. They keep you engaged and occupied and the story is very good. Even though this novel and the others are older they are still up to date in today's world. I would read them again they are that enjoyable. A great read."
- "I was looking for my next good novel to read and came across The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I'm so glad I did. This short novel is quite comical and clever, very fun read.""This is an excellent sci-fi story and a must read for an classic sci-fi fans. It's only about 150 pages long and worth the read. You won't be disappointed. ""This is a great book and good reading material I enjoy. With 5 Trilogies here I can not go wrong and this is for Kindle making my reading better."
- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is one of my favorite books of all time. By the title you might think it's a science fiction book, but it's less about that and more about humor. The protagonist generally gets into trouble and wreaks havoc wherever he goes. If you're into more serious literary works this is not for you, but if you want something to make you laugh then I would highly recommend this!"
- "This book is a classic and a must read. The characters are incredibly well written, and overall the book will keep any Sci-fi lover charmed and engaged."
- "Ok, I am a huge sci-fi fan and had heard of this book from a friend and finally decided I needed to read it. This book is absolutely awesome. It's great sci-fi but it doesn't take itself seriously it has great humor and is just so much fun to read. It is an instant classic and I am certain it will be read many times by myself and my family in the years to come."
There are no comments yet!
- "This is a terrific book with imaginative setting, characters, plot. It's eloquently written as well as fictionally informative, and is readable for anyone at any age. They don't write books like this anymore, and it's a great book to mention anywhere and anytime because it's such an amazing novel. It also has a good number of sequels for further enjoyment."
- "According to the most advanced computer in the universe, the meaning of life is 42. Does this mean you have to read the book to understand? Yes, yes it does. With many laughs throughout, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a sci-fi classic that any sci-fi fan should read and enjoy. "
- ""The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is a beloved book by many but I'm about to state an unpopular opinion. I Wanted to enjoy it a lot but failed to do so. This book is not what I expected it would be. Some ideas and concepts in it are likable but the humorous tone (which I didn't find funny) and the narration style is disastrous. "
- "If you read this book you should first be prepared to leave your notions of physics, logic at the doorstep. You will not find a compelling plot either as the events narrated are actually just marginal to the real content of the book: its characters. Each of them is a small world in itself, which the author explores in a way that reflects the silliness of our own humanity. Definitely worth reading!"
- "If you are looking for one of the best science fiction novels by Masterworks, make sure you read “The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy” by Douglas Adams. This is the story of Arthur Dent, who, secnds before Earth is demolished to make way for a galactic freeway, is plucked off the planet by his friend, Ford Prefect. This sci-fi marvel is both hilarious and intiguing, and a must read for all."
- #12 of 13
in What are the best debut novels"I was hesitant on this book after not being impressed with the movie, but this book does not disappoint. It is creative and gives a surprising depth of character that is not in the movie. The plot line and politics are creative and along with the adventure, keep you involved in the book. "
- #12 of 128
in What are the best books for teens"You're probably having a pretty bad day when your planet gets demolished to make way for a new hyperspace express route. Arthur Dent was definitely having a bad day when he had to listen to Vogon poetry, the third worst in the galaxy. This book is a rollercoaster of humor, from start to finish; each silly situation flowing smoothly and utterly believably into the next until sometimes I had to put the book down to laugh. It's a classic for a reason, because it's imaginative, structured around the kind of ludicrous circumstances we all know from our own lives, and takes you on a tour of the galaxy unlike any other."
- "I didn't read this book but I did watch the movie. So I think I'm pretty confident in saying this book sucks too. I'm a Chevy guy so once I seent that the little probing alien was named Ford I just knew that I shouldn't read it because it would suck. Plus you have to read it and who the hell knows how to read nowadays? I had my cousin write this up, she actually graduated middle school, best gf I've ever had."