This solution is ranked
in What are the best sci-fi novels with female protagonistsRead user opinions
in What are the best Dystopian fiction of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best apps for The Hunger Games fansRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with movie adaptationsRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with modern day virgin heroinesRead user opinions
in What are the best books to feel less lonelyRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best bestseller books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best Books for teen boysRead user opinions
in What are the best Cheap Gift Ideas for GirlsRead user opinions
What the community says about The Hunger Games
- "The hunger games series has proven to be a great success in the theatres, so it only seems fitting that the experience goes even deeper and more intense within the imagination of the reader. This story will take you on a sci-fi journey based upon an element which is somewhat new and refreshing in form and character which is sure to satisfy many."
- #1 of 128
in What are the best books for teens"Don't let the reviews fool you; the first book is fine, but the others tank in quality. What started as a really good idea becomes full of fake romance and the whole "who will she choose" trope that occurs all too often in YA books. Get your teen something else. They'll be happier that wya.""This is a good series, but I've already read it. Give me suggestions I might not have heard of before instead."
- "Great for young adults, though I think you need to read all three books in the series to get the whole love story. The first book was great, but not a complete love story on its own. Read all three!""All three books captured my attention from the moment I started the first page! For the longest time, I was so dead set on NOT reading this series because of obvious violence that I normally steer away from, but when forced by the school to read it, it sure did come through as a wonderful literary work!"
- "I have not read the Hunger Games series, but I think that the proposed solution to this problem is excellent. I know a ton of young people who have gotten into the lost art of arching (as in, archery) because of the heroine of this series, Katniss. Excellent choice of a solution.""I loved these books. They are an easy read, and very engaging. They're exciting without being too over-dramatic, and pretty well-written. The premise was original (to me), and fast-paced."
- "Overall a pretty decent story with a lot of characters that you will get attached throughout your read, but I felt the series lacked an element that would keep me glued to the book until I finished it from front to back. All in all I think just about anyone will enjoy the story, but I think they will finish at their own pace."
- #11 of 73
in What are the best fantasy books"I was looking for a new series of fantasy books to start reading and decided to try out the Hunger Game series that others had always recommended to me. I started reading the first book and was a little skeptical that I would actually like it, but next thing I knew I had finished the third book and wanted more. This series is so captivating and I highly recommend it to everyone!""If you are looking for a fantasy book look no further. The Hunger Games are some of the best books I've ever read and that's comparing it to my old favorite series Harry Potter. Each book you will not want to put down. I would highly recommend you get these. ""I was hoping the books would be better than the movies, but they aren't. They are just as boring and can't read anymore."
- "Love this series! The third book takes a really dark, political turn which can be surprising if you enjoy the structure of the first couple. However, it's a young adult series with actual thought and story behind the stuff that's going on in the political space.""Interesting book! Not sure it is one of the top bestsellers, but right now it's at the 12th position of the list. I agree!"
- "I think the Hunger Games series is a great cheap gift idea for girls. I have read the entire series and I think it tells a wonderful story that will empower girls everywhere to be strong and courageous. Katniss will be a great role model for all girls. The books are very inexpensive and I thought they were a great deal for the entire trilogy.""The Hunger Games is one of my favorite book series on the market. I read these books when they first came out prior to the movie. Collins weaves a story that is at times both compelling and yet dark. Her prose is exceptional. This has to be one of the best modern dystopian novels on the market."