This solution is ranked
in What are the best books by Patricia PolaccoRead user opinions
in What are the best books with fruits and vegetables in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best nonfiction books for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best Thanksgiving books for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best books that every eight year old should readRead user opinions
in What are the best Graphic novels for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best books for sixth-grade childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best books for twelve-year-old kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for nine year old childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best books for seven year old childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best children's booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Lemonade Club
- "The illustrations are very simplistic, but still well done. The message, while well intentioned is important for children however it is still concerning that without proper discourse a child may not understand the complexity. This book should probably not be read without parent or teacher participation given the subjects."
- "This book is a adorable and provides solid positive lessons for kids. I thought it was great, and the title is cute. What do you do when life gives you lemons? you get The Lemonade Club book to explain to your kids what to do about it! Its a great book about fruit (lemons!), and its a great book about life."
- "I think it's important to balance fiction and non fiction literature for children. This is one of the better true stories that help teach children how to overcome obstacles and bad times. It's a great read and I definitely recommend it."
- "The Lemonade Club is an excellent choice for an eight year old's reading material. This book not only touches on the concept of best friends and what is expected of them, it also touches on illnesses within the community and the need for support from everyone to aid in the patient's recovery. "
- "This book is sad and not for young children who are sick . It would be good to educate children on sickness. It is a very moving and important book and the author is a good writer. One of my favorites and also my teenagers' favorite authors. Most of her books are based on actual events which I like also."
- "The Lemonade Club is a great story written by Patricia Polacco. It tells the story of a fifth-grade teacher with a lesson that every child should know before reaching adulthood, 'when life gives you lemons, make lemonade'. We go through so many struggles in life and have so many ups/downs. This book teaches such a valuable lesson and should be in all parents repertoire."
- "Cute book, but a little all over the place in the portrayal of body types. It's a little worse how this subplot gets tossed in the story, but comes off as a bit "idealized," which is fine for 8-10 year olds, though I'd suspect the reality is a little harsher than the book indicates."
- #128 of 412
in What are the best children's books"The Lemonade Club is a great book for children. It touches on a very sensitive subject in a way that draws readers in. When a child is finished with this book, there will be a life lesson learned that will hopefully stay with him or her. Patricia Polacco has once again created a children's masterpiece."