This solution is ranked
in What are the best children's booksRead user opinions
in What are the best children's books of the 1940sRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read influential books under 100 pagesRead user opinions
in What are the best novels translated into EnglishRead user opinions
in What are the best books that everyone should readRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best foreign novels translated to EnglishRead user opinions
in What are the best book list of Lucas ScottRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a modern day fairy tale themeRead user opinions
in What are the best books with stories about grief or grievingRead user opinions
in What are the best classic French literary worksRead user opinions
in What are the best picture books featuring space travelRead user opinions
in What are the best French literature for adults and young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for early age readersRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended life-changing booksRead user opinions
in What are the best picture books for adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best books under 200 pagesRead user opinions
in What are the best books by European authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for people with INFJ personalitiesRead user opinions
in What are the best addictive page turners of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books for a school libraryRead user opinions
in What are the best books for people with ENFP personalityRead user opinions
in What are the best quick reads for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best self-actualization booksRead user opinions
in What are the best BBC book list challengeRead user opinions
in What are the best books for people with INFP personalitiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books for the modern day hippieRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 1940sRead user opinions
in What are the best Children's fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best bestseller books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books mentioned in the show Leyla and MecnunRead user opinions
in What are the best literature about philosophyRead user opinions
in What are the best books on lonelinessRead user opinions
in What are the best life-changing booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with blue coverRead user opinions
in What are the best cult classicsRead user opinions
in What are the best french novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best children's books featuring death of loved oneRead user opinions
in What are the best books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read before you dieRead user opinions
in What are the best novellas everRead user opinions
in What are the best books assigned for schoolRead user opinions
in What are the best books you've ever readRead user opinions
What the community says about The Little Prince
- "The solution goes directly to the Amazon site that has this book. The link itself is solid and does not go to some off-brand site. The book gets very good reviews from users, but the link itself goes to a used book seller. Additionally, the site offers little explanation about the book or the general contents. ""I don't see how this book is a problem as such. Kids and adults will like this story and it goes across generations. The author's story is interesting in its own right and is worthy of being told to older children. "
- "The Little Prince is a classic. I was so happy to find a translation I was content with to share with my son. It is a beautiful story that is perfect to read before putting him to sleep. The watercolor drawings are gorgeous. My son loves trying to paint his own version of the story. Every family should own a copy of this book."
- "This is a beautiful book that has been well translated and can be enjoyed by both parents and kids. The modernity is about love in a time of stress and it seems like a great childhood book."
- "The Little Prince is most certainly one of the best books with stories about grief or grieving. I bought this for my son but found that it was a work I wanted to revisit. It's certainly a classic and one that I could read over and over again. It will go in my library with my favorite books."
- "The Little Prince is a classic French tale of spirit and imagination. A small boy, the prince, travels to Earth to visit and explore. The prince finds many imaginative friends and scheming foes alike on his travels. The author does a great job translating the many poetic words from French to English, and the colorful watercolor images are a nice supplement to the fantastic book."
- "This is a classic book with a very serious topic, yet at the same time, it has elements of a children's book because it is a collection of drawings. As far as picture books for adults, this is an excellent choice because it does address such an important topic. When you add in the author's historical background and the French origin, you have a picture book with a big dose of culture and history. Perfect for adults!"
- "The Little Prince is a children's book with 96 pages and has been translated from the original French version of the story. It describes a journey of the little prince travelling from planet to planet where each planet has one adult living on it. It's a cute story and should be a good read for children of all ages."
- "The Little Prince is an adorable piece of literature by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. I read this in high school, and still keep a copy of this on my shelf that I read from time to time. Although I haven't heard of any children reading this book, I've seen it be recommended for children as well, and I can see why. The translation of this book is nice, and easy to read, and the stories that are told in the book give nice little life lessons that you may or may not miss on your first read through, and oddly enough, are lessons that I seem to get when I'm in need of them. "
- "The Little Prince is a great book selection. As an INFJ, I love how it pokes fun at certain types of people. I also find the watercolor illustrations to be very calming and therapeutic to flip through. When I am feeling overwhelmed at the end of the day, it is great to sit down and read or even just look through the pictures. The soothing colors help me to clear my head."
- "If you are looking for any addictive page turners I would say The Little Prince is not your best bet. Yes, it is a good book but nothing that I would classify as addictive. The story line is interesting and I like the sci-fi lead into it mentioned the asteroid bringing the prince to Earth, but it isn't a book I couldn't keep down. "
- " is the story of a grown-up meeting his inner child, embodied by a Little Prince. Traveling from an asteroid, he left his rose there to discover the world. Before landing on Earth he visited many planets and their inhabitants where all grown-ups incarnates humankind’s most common vice. When a fox tell him that the eyes are blind and we are responsible forever for what you tame, the Little Prince go back home to meet again with his Rose."
- "I've been a huge fan of "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry since I was a kid and this newer translation by Richard Howard is quite good overall. There are probably some purists that will prefer the 1943 version by Katherine Woods but I honestly think that this version is just as good for the most part and even better in some cases. Even though the stories contained within this book are mostly aimed at children, I feel that they are entertaining at any age, even for a modern day hippy like me. Do yourself a favor and read this book if you've never done so before."
- "I love to read and was looking for one of the best bestseller books of all time. I found The Little Prince, which is somewhat considered a children's book, but is also for adults. The story is beautiful and revolves around a boy and his sheep. It is a touching tale that I think everyone should read at least once in their life. I highly recommend this book.""One of my favorite memories is my mother reading this book to me as a child. I recently acquired a copy of this book as a gift. Now that I have my own children, it was such a pleasure to read this book again from an adult perspective to them. This book stands the test of time and ages well."
- "This book has been around for a long time for a reason. It's most definitively a classic, and it can be enjoyed by all ages. I had never read it before but of course had heard of it many times, so I decided to check it out. I can see what all the fuss is about! Even over fifty years later, it's still amusing and very readable an d relevant to our lives. I recommend checking it out!"
There are no comments yet!
There are no comments yet!
- "This is a classic book, but not so much a cult classic. I remember reading it when I was pretty young, but revisiting it much later with kids of my own, I saw there was a lot more to it than a cute little story about a prince from space. If you're looking for an actual 'cult classic,' this isn't it, but you should read it anyway. "
- #10 of 20
in What are the best french novels
- "I'm not sure if you're looking for an adult book or a children's book, but The Little Prince is an exceptionally well written story for children and young adults. It's been translated into tons of languages, and it's got a great story. I think everyone should read it at least once.""I wanted to read a well renown book of all time. After some searching I stumbled upon "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery and couldn't have been more happy. The book is a classic tale that stands up to the test of time and is an experience I can share with my children. ""The solution does not talk about why this specific book is one of the best of all times, it just offers an opinion on it. This does not support the solution at all, and in order for it to be a better solution, it needs to talk about why its one of the best books of all time."
- "It's been a long time since I've read this particular book. It is a good book however adding it to a list of books i should read before I die is not something i would do. This book is a children's book. It's well priced, has a good story line that can educate children but I again, wouldn't add this to this particular list. "
- #15 of 19
in What are the best novellas ever"Are used to read this book to my children before they went to sleep and enjoyed the story just as much as they did. The artwork is fantastic. The sci-fi story and it's children's theme holds up for generations."