This solution is ranked
in What are the best novels with winter in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best educational literatureRead user opinions
in What are the best books with the word winter in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best books with South Dakota settingRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books about natural disastersRead user opinions
in What are the best books for ten year old kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best children's books of the 1940sRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended readings during winterRead user opinions
in What are the best Winter books for kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best books by authors from MissouriRead user opinions
in What are the best seasons and weather-themed booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Living Books from the Charlotte Manson Method listRead user opinions
in What are the best coldness-related book titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best Christian western historical fiction booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Long Winter (Little House)
- ""The Long Winter" is book six in the series, and with good reason. These stories by Laura Ingalls Wilder do a great job of transporting you back to the time they take place. You will feel like you are in the South Dakota of old, trying to make it through a rough winter. "
- "I remember reading this book as a child, and the impression it made on me. I was probably about ten. I'd read the other books in the Little House on the Prairie series, and I knew that there were hardships in the lives of the Ingalls family, but nothing prepared me for what they go through in The Long Winter. It gave me an appreciating form the convenience and the actual plenty of modern life. This is a great book for kids to read to learn about what life really was in the 19th century, and to put things into perspective."
- "The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder is part of the endearing Little House series. This installment follows the Ingall's family as they try to endure a harsh winter during pioneer times. Although this way of life is long gone, the stories are timeless and a favorite of young adults."
There are no comments yet!
- "My kids love reading this book during a winter storm. They love to pretend they are back in the 1800s and must survive the harsh season. They pretend to gather firewood and hunt for food. Then they make a pretend fire and snuggle together to stay warm. I could not be happier with how The Long Winter has inspired my children's imaginations. "
- "This is a great addition to the Little House series, and should definitely be considered a classic. This is the most distressing and despairing book of all, so be prepared for that. It definitely gives you an idea of what pioneer life was like through a harsh winter, so you learn a lot about that when you read it. It's also a good story and for all who love the series this one will endear you just as much as the others. "
- "Anyone who is a fan of Little House books or the Charlotte Mason Method will not be disappointed by this continuation of the series. It brings that realities of the pioneer days to life in a way that is engaging and makes you want to learn. It gives life to events that have the potential to be dry and boring but instead transports you to a world that amazing and engaging characters live. You feel as though you are going through their struggles when you read this book. "
There are no comments yet!