This solution is ranked
in What are the best books about abductionsRead user opinions
in What are the saddest novels for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best literary mystery booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction book with unrealistic themesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with the words blood or bone in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best YA novels with violence and abuseRead user opinions
in What are the best books with disturbing plotsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with dramatic storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a hidden message in the storyRead user opinions
in What are the best 2000s mystery booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 2000sRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read dark young adult novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books that turned into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best books better than you might thinkRead user opinions
in What are the best young and adult crime and murder booksRead user opinions
in What are the best YA books with missing personsRead user opinions
in What are the best women's fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about sexual abuseRead user opinions
in What are the best psychological fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the most depressing booksRead user opinions
in What are the best crime and mystery booksRead user opinions
in What are the best stand-alone booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with blue coverRead user opinions
What the community says about The Lovely Bones
- "I picked this up on suggestion from a dear friend of mine. Perhaps this is the kind of novel somepeople enjoy but it just wasnt for me. I like a bit of suspense or thriller novels but this was extremely to dark and it just left me very emotional , and in a bad way. I couldnt finish it. Maybe I'm just going through some things of my own and this wasnt the right time. Ill consider finishing it in the future maybe."
- "This book is VERY sad which I didn't expect going in. It's not a murder mystery so don't expect that either. Very well written, serving some similarities to "Lolita" in narrative style. Gripping. Read this whole book in one long and inspired sitting. I recommend you enjoy with some early grey."
- "This is a tough read as some of the subject matter is hardcore (rape). However, what arises from such a brutal incident is the author's best effort as to how death effects not only the victim(s) but also the victims family and loved ones from the eyes of the deceased."
- "Alice Sebold's book The Lovely Bones may initially read like a young adult story. That's because it's from the view of a 14-year-old girl. The book is a wonderful perspective of how a young adult or teenager sees the world. It contains both the happy and the horrific."
- "I didn't have any expectations when I picked up this book, but I wish I had known ahead of time what to expect. The Lovely Bones cuts deep. It is a heart-wrenching, moving, painful story told in a beautiful way that held my attention and put me into the world it described. Not only does the story detail relationships and characters in a memorable way, it deals with a very important subject that, to me, only made the book more meaningful.""While very tragic, I do think "The Lovely Bones" sounds like it could be a very interesting read. I think it has the potential to be funny, emotional, and downright sad, if Susie sees everyone moving and being happy without her. I also really like the idea of her checking up on the man who murdered her. "
- "The best YA novel with violence and abuse is The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. The story focuses on a young teenage girl named Susie, from the point her point of view after her death while she is in heaven looking down on her family. It is a heart-breaking, as well as uplifting tale."
There are no comments yet!
- "A very highly recommended book. It is very diverse and seeking in a different perspective. How life is going on and revolving without you and yet you see your demise; understanding the person who took your life for enjoyment is going through and how they cope with it. If you cannot read the book at least watch the movie! Book is well worth a read though 5/5"
- "Talk about dark! The Lovely Bones fills the need for deep thoughts and contemplation while you read of Susie's experience. The story telling by the author, Alice Sebold, makes you feel like you are Susie and have lived her live with her. Although the subject matter is heavy, you grow to love the characters, at least the ones you are supposed to love. Susie's is raped and murdered, and then sees her rapist and murderer continue on with his life... How would anyone even cope with this?? This book really makes you think about the impact you've made in this world. Has it been good or bad? At least from the darkness of this book you can evaluate where you are at and what changes need to happen."
There are no comments yet!
- "The Lovely Bones is a quintessential YA story that unfortunately falls to many of the stereotypical conventions of this age that are quite common in YA stories. While the story can be engaging at times, it is often also predictable and doesn't do anything to make you think terribly much about what's happening. There are some moments that will evoke emotions from you, but they are far and few between the pages of the story."
- "I really like to read books in the genre of women's fiction, and I'm looking for some new material. When I think of women's fiction, I tend to think of female-centric romance, or books about topics that specifically only tend to appeal to women. I'm not sure this qualifies. The lead character is a female, but the book seems to be more of a psychological study than anything else. It is highly rated and does sound good, so I might still check it out."
There are no comments yet!
- "This is a very interesting book about about a young girl who gets a chance to see how her life continues after her death. I like the way this author narrates this story and how she tries to make the reader see the events from the victims own point of view. I highly recommend this book. "
- "This book is full of mystery, heartbreak, and drama. A stunning portrait of loss, it ropes you in from the first page and doesn't let up until the very end. I would recommend it to anyone who likes stories about family, crime, and mortality."