This solution is ranked
in What are the best books set on a mountainRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read satirical fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books by authors with surnames beginning with MRead user opinions
in What are the best books by Nobel Prize-winning authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best classic German booksRead user opinions
in What are the best thick booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with alliteration in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best books originally written in GermanRead user opinions
in What are the best bildungsroman booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Magic Mountain
- "Definitely this is an interesting fiction book, that describes an interesting story with unique characters and situations. It is very easy to be adsorbed by the story because the style of writing is very descriptive and you will imagine the situation very easily. I suggest reading this book during vacations, and i am sure that you will have a very good time with it."
- "This seems like such a wonderful book. And I love the setting in the Swiss Alps. While I enjoy having a hardback book, it can be loaded on my phone to read whenever I do have a chance. This book is appropriately priced as well. A must read of everyone interested in World War 1."
- "The Magic Mountain is a satirical novel by Thomas Mann. Set before World War I, it tells the story of Hans Castorp, who goes to a sanatorium in the Swiss Alps and stays for seven years. Mann uses a sanatorium in the Swiss Alps, a community devoted exclusively to sickness, as a microcosm for Europe, which in the years before 1914 was already exhibiting the first symptoms of its own terminal irrationality. "
- #8 of 14
in What are the best thick books
- "My grandfather used to always read to us in German. While I didn't understand the language when I was younger, I always thought it was a very beautifully and emotionally charged language. The Magic Mountain was one of my favorite books for him to read and I learned German as an adult so that I could read it to my children."
- "I am in love with anything that will make me laugh. Books, movies, people, you name it. I just love anything funny. The best bildungsroman book I have found is The Magic Mountain. It has a really good story and I kept reading and didn't want to put it down. It was really a lot of fun to read. "