This solution is ranked
in What are the best fantasy books of the 21st centuryRead user opinions
in What are the best books for older teen boysRead user opinions
in What are the best books where the protagonist is a geniusRead user opinions
in What are the best adventure books with strong plotRead user opinions
in What are the best books for couplesRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novels with mapsRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy tales for adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read fantasy books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books similar to The Kingkiller ChronicleRead user opinions
in What are the best books with wizards, witches, sorcerers, and magesRead user opinions
in What are the best YA seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best new adult fantasy books since 2005Read user opinions
in What are the best highly-rated novels of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature schools of magicRead user opinions
in What are the best heroic fantasy novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy and adventure novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best dark fantasy book seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best audiobooks to listen toRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best ya fiction books set in academies or campsRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books set in medieval timesRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books for middle school studentsRead user opinions
in What are the best books recommended by George R.R. MartinRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
- "This is one of the best books I've ever read in my life, and certainly the best I've read this decade. I think that Patrick Rothfuss will go down as one of the greatest fantasy writers of the 21st century and The Name of the Wind will be his chariot. I cannot WAIT to read the long-awaited third book!"
- "The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle) is a great book for older teen boys as it is the first in the Kingkiller Chronicle series and talks about the search for the meaning of life. It is a very adventurous novel and it includes many interesting storylines so I'm sure any older teen boy would enjoy it. "
- "This book was a bit slow to set up, but so worth it in the end. It reminds me of Harry Potter, if he was a bit older, and a little of Game of Thrones.""Best book i've ever read in my opinion. I love Ender and the story that this book tells."
- "As a musician, I am especially fond of this book. I think The Name of the Wind has some of the best depictions of playing music that have eve been written. The only reason I've been disappointed with Rothfuss is because it's been seven years since book 2 came out with no sign of book 3 any time soon."
- " I got this book after a friend recommended it to me multiple times. In the beginning, I found it a bit slow and confusing but in due time in got exciting and interesting to the point where I couldn't put my kindle down. It has wit, adventure and unexpected turns."
- #7 of 142
in What are the best fantasy novels"The Name of the Wind is wonderful for those who can't get enough of classic epics. The adventure in the book is rollicking and fun; I found myself incredibly involved in the action. I also loved how the main character grew and developed over time--there's a lot more here than just kidnappings and sword fights."
- #7 of 27
in What are the best YA series"When it comes to books, I would not consider myself a fantasy fan. This is a fantasy book, but does not play heavily on the genre to a degree that you would put it down for being too much. The story can get a little slow at times as others have said, however the build up is something worth waiting for. "
- "Is it evil or not? The life of being a wizard is a precarious one which decisions have a profound impact on others. I really liked this book and the twists that it takes in the plot through the life of Kvothe, a wizard. How to harness and use your powers - for good or evil. His choices kept me involved throughout the book."
- "This is by far my favorite book of all time. It deserves every high rating and accolade it receives. Patrick Rothfuss is a brilliant storyteller whose readers become immediately entranced by the depth and development of his characters. Recommended to all who read!"
- "I really enjoyed the book. The author did a great job of creating an engaging, mysterious world and really putting you in the middle of the world. The true strength of this book is the development of the main character. A few times, I got bored with it all, but I am glad that I hung in, because it was well worth it in the end."
- "One of my favorite books of all times. I recommend this book to just about everyone. It was a book that got me into reading epic fantasy novels. It's so well written and addicting. I have reread this and the second book in the series several times and I almost never reread books. It's annoying that the third book to the series still hasn't, and may never, come out, but this book is so worth the read. Even if you're not currently a fan of epic fantasy this book may change your mind."
- #12 of 76
in What are the best fantasy series"I love to read books. In particular, I am a huge fan of fantasy books. When I finished my last book I wanted to start something new so I tried to find the best fantasy series out there. I recently stumbled upon "The Name of the Wind" (the first book in The Kingkiller Chronicle) and gave it a try. I must say that I am disappointed. The theme of the book is exactly what I love, but for some reason I can't connect to the characters or the story. Next time, I will have to find something better. "
- "I honestly didn't like this book at all. The story is long-winded and doesn't go anywhere which left me feeling like I wasted my time. It felt to me like the author was trying too hard to be something that he is not. I love fantasy and just couldn't get into this one because I was bored to death with a story that wasn't going anywhere and was difficult to follow."
- "The Name of the Wind will go down as one of the all-time greats in fantasy literature. It's a Lord of the Rings-meets-Harry Potter epic about an especially talented, but down-on-his-luck individual who attends a university to learn about magic and trade while pursuing the dark forces who killed his parents. It's incredibly well written."
- "There are a ton of good books by George RR Martin as most of you probably already know. If you don't, well then, you're in for a treat. The Name of the Wind is a really good read. It is the first in the Kingkiller Chronicle books and it's really good. You will end up reading more after you finish because you want more from the author and see where it leads next. ""This solution is lacking as there is no mention that this book is recommended by George R.R. Martin. However, on the solution page there is a blurb that states "“The best epic fantasy I read last year.... He’s bloody good, this Rothfuss guy.” — George R. R. Martin" This reference would have been noteworthy in this solution. "
- #28 of 280
in What are the best young adult books