This solution is ranked
in What are the best books Mark Zuckerberg read for a challengeRead user opinions
in What are the best reading list for Black Lives Matter movementRead user opinions
in What are the best books about sociologyRead user opinions
in What are the best books recommended in the Ezra Klein podcastRead user opinions
in What are the best books according to Go On Girl! Book ClubRead user opinions
in What are the best books about Civil Rights movementRead user opinions
in What are the best progressive booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about social injusticeRead user opinions
in What are the best books about African-AmericansRead user opinions
What the community says about The New Jim Crow
- "Being an African American, this book saddens me. It takes a look at how society should be redesigned and have colorblindness. When it comes to justice, there should be no color or race. Very great read and I think it's something that all Americans should read to understand the history of African Americans and how things are changing today."
- "This should be essential reading. I was able to get a good grasp of Alexander's thesis. Her work deserves all the recognition it has had over many years. If you are a US citizen, make sure you read this book from front to end. You will get knowledge of the War on Drugs. It's an excellent read and highly recommended!"
- "I recently read the book "The New Jim Crow", and I really enjoyed reading it. The book talks about the evolution of the American society when they elected Barack Obama as their President: it has been a first, big step towards the end of the racism, but there is still a long road to go."
- "The New Jim Crow is a realistic take on our current society. It examines present day arguments about racism and breaks them down to a basic level, showing how our society currently feels. It sets the stage for our current generation to say, "Okay, this is where we are, so let's move on from here," and end racism altogether."
- "What a great book! I just finished reading The New Jim Crow and I think it's one of the best books that I have read about the Civil Rights movement. This book has made me think about the way the police systems work, and also the prison system."
- "The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness is a book by Michelle Alexander and available from Amazon. The book starts with the election of Barack Obama and talks about how society has changed. It has been a big success on amazon. It has an average of 4.7 stars out of 5 on over 2700 reviews. If this type of book interests you then you should check it out. It fits the topic nicely."