This solution is ranked
in What are the best mythology books for middle school studentsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about mythologyRead user opinions
in What are the best Audio books for free online listening (without downloading)Read user opinions
in What are the best novels with islands as settingRead user opinions
in What are the best books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books with Greek mythologyRead user opinions
in What are the best books for AndroidRead user opinions
in What are the best worth-reading thick booksRead user opinions
in What are the best free books for iPadRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books by Clifton FadimanRead user opinions
in What are the best classic fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books you've ever readRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read long novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about giant monstersRead user opinions
in What are the best free books for iPhoneRead user opinions
in What are the best Penguin classic novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best free books for AndroidRead user opinions
in What are the best free books on AmazonRead user opinions
in What are the best Social Studies books for youngstersRead user opinions
in What are the best Free Audio BooksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for social studiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books mentioned by Chris HedgesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with monstersRead user opinions
in What are the best and most interesting thingsRead user opinions
What the community says about The Odyssey
- "A classic and a must read for anyone into books. It's a perfect introduction to Greek and Roman mythology. It's even available as a free audiobook that you can listen to online without downloading.""I had to read this for Eng-Lit class and I was absolutely distressed at the thought of slogging through the book, thank goodness I found this audio version to help me along and stay awake to complete my assignment."
- "I have a kindle and some books are available to me for free. This book was one of them I decided to download because of the good reviews. People say it's a classic. I kind of agree."
- "This is classic Western literature at its best. Anyone who's a history or culture buff, literature fan, or just interested in Greek heritage will enjoy this ancient story of adventure, trial, tribulation, and victory. It truly is a timeless experience."
- "The Odyssey is a book about Homer's story of the Trojan War. We've all read the story in grade school. But it's a story that is timeless and we learn something new every time we read the story. It is listed here on Amazon for what appears to be zero cost so it can be read on one's Kindle app in any device."
There are no comments yet!
- "The Odyssey is a classic journey story with the hero (Odysseus) making his way home after a war. I read this in my Intro to Literature class in college and I've seen references to it -- some direct and some not -- throughout other works. Everyone should read it or be familiar with it to understand many western cultural references. Highly recommended."
- "Not something I enjoyed. The translation of this is not as superior as the original one. That being said...if you're into stuff like this then go for it. Most people would enjoy it. I on the other hand couldn't read past a few pages. So I really can't say much about this. However...it did give me a good nap."
- "it provide some insights related to the book. However, the description is missing to explain the best part of reading this book. The description does not create the engagement or the need, needed for someone to buy this book. It needs to be more enticing and create a need to find out what is in the book. I like that it is free kindle ebook and I am pretty sure I will download it. ""I am a book junky and read them whenever I can. I just read The Odyssey. The Odyssey is a real good book with a vivid story and great characters. I can vision the story very clearly how it was written. This is the best book I have read in a little while so far."
- "I read this book in high school and it is a great book covering war and mythology, it is a timeless tale. I bought this book looking forward to reading it again, unfortunately this book was not well laid out, I am much older now and the small font was so hard to read, then to make matters worse, they didn't use paragraph breaks so it was very hard to follow and ultimately I put the book down and will look for this book with a better layout."
- "If you’re a fan of classic literature and writing, then you have to read The Odyssey. It can be a difficult read for some; you may find yourself spending time looking up translations/definitions/meanings. Reading this book is well worth the effort, though! It’s such a rewarding piece of writing. It’s one of the best pieces of literature that pertains to struggle, and you’ll enjoy it even more if you read The Iliad beforehand."
- "Had to actually google what Penguin Classics was. But once I got that information I would say the solution is effective. I think they should have given a broader view of what Penguin Classics are and the type of novels they are famous for before just simply giving their opinion of which book is the best. "
- "I was very happy to find the Kindle version of "The Odyssey" for free on Amazon! Reading this book is challenging and time-consuming, but it really is a great book. It was just icing on the cake that it was free!""An excellent book about Ancient Greece, entertaining and well written. I recommended this for the attention to detail. It is very very well done."
- "I was looking for free books to read and I ran across The Odyssey. It has been a while but I have read this classic once before. It is however a great read and well worth reading again. If your into ancient gods and monsters this book is right up your alley. I enjoyed all the action and adventure in this book and it is a hard one to set down. Overall a great book and I would recommend it to anyone."
- "It looks as if this book has indeed been mentioned by one Chris Hedges, who looks to be some sort of American leftist intellectual and teacher. I'd recommend it regardless of what any one individual says about it though, it's rather famous for a good reason. This looks to be a decent version of it as well in terms of translation and (digital) formatting. Not sure what other books this person recommends, but this book is timeless either way."
- "If you're into Greek mythology like I am, then this is a must read. I cannot but this book down. Odysseus journey home is filled with struggles and battles and new insights along the way from the unpredictable gods. Do pass go, pick up this book and read it immediately."
- "If you're looking for the best and most interesting things -- and really, who isn't? -- then Homer's The Odyssey has to be near the top of the list. One of the all-time greatest pieces of literature ever written, this version offers an excellent translation from the original text, adding to the appeal of this work and showing why it has endured for so many centuries."