This solution is ranked
in What are the best books with titles that start with O,P, and QRead user opinions
in What are the best books for second grade boysRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a modern day fairy tale themeRead user opinions
in What are the best Children's fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best children and YA books from the 80's and earlierRead user opinions
in What are the best classic books for 7th to 12th gradersRead user opinions
in What are the best magical books for kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for ten year old boysRead user opinions
in What are the best first grader chapter booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books with talking animalsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read novels with fictional journeyRead user opinions
in What are the best Living Books from the Charlotte Manson Method listRead user opinions
in What are the best stand-alone fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books by classic children's authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best read aloud chapter booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for people with INFJ personalitiesRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for eleven-year-old kidsRead user opinions
What the community says about The Phantom Tollbooth
- "It should be really difficult to come up with the best book with the titles that start with O, P and Q but The Phantom Tollbooth is definitely not one of them since the title starts with a T. Although it is a decent children book, it is not in this category."
- "This book is absolutely delightful, whimsical and wonderful. It has aged well too, as nothing about it feels dated or irrelevant. This is an excellent choice for young readers, one that includes many life lessons and skills, like forethought, motivation, decision-making, and reasoning. "
- "I have a 14-year old and though he liked it well enough, hhe didn't share the same enthusiasm for The Phantom Tollbooth that I had when I was a few years younger than he is now. Keep this in mind if you're looking for the best fantasy books for teens. That said, I re-read the book for myself and loved it! I've always had an appreciation for puns and perhaps it all stems from this book. "
- "The Phantom Tollbooth is one of my favorite books from my childhood. The characters are wonderful, the story is colorful and filled with meaning that even a child can grasp, the world is fleshed out in a way that is not normal in children's books. Overall, a must read."
- "I adore The Phantom Tollbooth, which shows how wondrous the world can be when seen through the eyes of a child. Weird, wild, and oh-so-funny, this book is perfect for kids with an open imagination and propensity to explore. Delightfully written and contains some intriguing philosophical discussion as well."
- "For a decent amount of time during my adult years, I was quite worried that my love of The Phantom Tollbooth was the misguided interest of a child. I hesitated to read the book again, worrying that my affection for it was all based on nostalgia. I was very happy to find that it remains a fantastic read and I hope all middle school, or even high school, students are reading it!"
- "My granddaughter and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book together. Never too soon to get her learning about decision making and reasoning; two concepts that are presented in a humorous way that is appealing to children. Though written for children, I think many people of all ages will enjoy this charming book. "
- "The Phantom Tollbooth is the best fiction book I ever read to my daughters. It thought a lot of lessons, motivation and make a decision even they are just small kids. They have colorful characters just like in real life. I love every moments when I get to share this to my child."
- "It was a quiet weekend. I was home alone and a bit bored. However, I was tired from the work week and did not feel like being that productive. I decided to read a book, but not my usual genre. I chose to read a fictional novel that is based around a journey as the plot. I chose to read the Phantom Tollbooth. It was a wonderful book full of adventure, wonder, and excitement. It was a perfect addition to my weekend."
- "First published in 1961, this is a long time favorite of many children and adults who have read it again. It's a strange and amusing child's fantasy is based on word play, figures of speech and puns. The story is simple enough for children and fun for their parents as well."