This solution is ranked
in What are the best self help books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best devotional books for AdventRead user opinions
in What are the best timeless classic books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best inspirational books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for the Lenten SeasonRead user opinions
in What are the best books about faithRead user opinions
in What are the best prayer booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read during LentRead user opinions
in What are the best Christian group study booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for thinking ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best amusing books for teensRead user opinions
What the community says about The Practice of the Presence of God
- "I used the book "The Practice of the Presence of God," to help me understand more about myself and my connection to my religion. It helped me in more ways than I thought it would. This book is a must-read for people that want to seek help in dealing with their Christianity faith. "
- "I've found the best way to learn about the faith is to look backwards as well as around at the modern world. Devotionals written in the past often show a new way of looking and examining the my religion. Brother Lawrence has much to say about Christianity and the loving presence of God.""I read this from the perspective of a non-religious person, and I still thoroughly enjoyed it. The daily lessons were inspirational regardless of my beliefs, and it was an interesting insight into the mindset of Christianity before the modern age.""I have looked for a devotional book for a while now and this has filled that hole for me. The book has helped me stay organized with my communication with God and am glad I got it."
- "I don't even remember how I found this originally, and I didn't get around to reading it for quite a while. I was glad that I finally did. The way Brother Lawrence writes feels quite personal and is generally very simpe, yet every page seems to have some valuable insight into how to live a life closer to God. It's disappointingly short, in a way -- you long to read more of the same sort of thing. But you can always read it again. "
- "This is a surprisingly popular book on Amazon.com, earning 4.7 stars from nearly a thousand reviewers. However, people must read this book and then decide to pass it on, because you can buy a used paperback for 25 cents, or a new one for $2.59. That is bargain-basement cheap. The most revealing review claims that this book is not a direct translation of Brother Lawrence's sermons, but has been summarized and re-written by a different author. There may be a book out there written by Brother Lawrence that is a must-read, but it may not be this particular version, which is actually written by someone else ABOUT Brother Lawrence's teachings."
There are no comments yet!
- #10 of 23
in What are the best prayer books
- "As a believer in gad I try to be open minded. Today I finished reading The Practice of the Presence of God. Brother Lawrence the author has some very good points. I thought it really made me think about God in a different way. I am glad I read it and have slightly different perspectives on god. "
- " I'm not too sure that's book would be too good for the category of thinking Christians. It seems very old school in its beliefs and not modern at all. it seems to me that beliefs and Views are just too old to be relevant to any Christian that considers themselves a thinker today."
- "Although this is a quick read, it is an inspirational read. It is enjoyable and will definitely create introspection and much discussion if a friend or family member has read it too. Buy two copies and give one to a friend and then have a discussion. It is sure to take you to many places in your mind and spirit as it is intended to create a closer relationship with God. ""One of many books that will cause a majority of teens to fall asleep in the middle of the day. The Practice of the Presence of God holds the title for the most wholesome title but overall, when I read the book, I couldn't really get past the third page. The stories can help you embrace the love of god for a majority of people but really not a good choice for teens."