This solution is ranked
in What are the best books by Italian authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for law studentsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read philosophical classicsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read influential books under 100 pagesRead user opinions
in What are the most influential books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books about the Age of EnlightenmentRead user opinions
in What are the best books set in Florence, ItalyRead user opinions
in What are the best literature from the Medieval PeriodRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a taboo themeRead user opinions
in What are the best books by authors with surnames beginning with MRead user opinions
in What are the best books mentioned in the Bohemian ManifestoRead user opinions
in What are the best books about the Renaissance periodRead user opinions
in What are the best books for Year 1 in the Great Conversation listRead user opinions
in What are the best books recommended by the Gavin McInnes ShowRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books with politicsRead user opinions
in What are the best non-fiction books for college-bound readersRead user opinions
in What are the best 16th century booksRead user opinions
in What are the best contemporary romance novels for womenRead user opinions
in What are the best books for people with ENTP personalitiesRead user opinions
in What are the best nonfiction books according to The New York TimesRead user opinions
What the community says about The Prince
- "This is a classic book that I've read for school before. It is a very interesting book and a good choice for someone looking for books written by Italian authors. This version also has a very nice picture on the cover."
- "If you want to know how people in power thought about the law and government in the past, then you must read this book. The author has many keen insights into the political process and how rulers use the law to their advantage. Law students in particular will find it especially informative."
- "Politicians it seem, never change. Many of them use the same playbook over and over. This is a both interesting and depressing book at the same time. It's also, it seems, a terrible translation. But politicians never let the facts get in the way of the story, so I guess it's all good."
- "The Prince is an important piece of historical literature that gives the reader a look into the mind of one of the Age of Enlighment's greatest thinkers. Macchiavelli has written a book that can be interpreted as both a satirical piece on the cutthroat antics of political life in the Enlightenment or an instructional guide on how to use deceit to get ahead in life. If one were looking for a good taste of Enlightenment literature, there's no better place to start than The Prince."
- "I recently finished reading The Prince which is a 16th-century political analysis written by Niccolò Machiavelli. If you like politics related reading material, then this book is a must-read. It gives you a great perspective on how a good prince can reign and rule his territory well. "
- "This is a decent story but in my mind nothing at all to write home about. The plot and characters have been done hundreds of times and countless ways. I just wasn’t that impressed with this version or take on a classic overdone story."
- "I'm not going to deny that this is a good book and a well written one by Machiavelli. However, I must admit it also didn't grab me like some others have managed to do and that's fine - that's art! It doesn't always resonate with you. That being said, if you're familiar with his work and the topic looks good to you, it's most likely worth the read."
- "The Prince is full of interesting political information that really engaged my interests. Although the events of this book happened over 500 years ago, many lessons can be learned from them that are still useful in today's world. This book helped me see world politics in a new light and gave me a new way to see how and why things are done in the political realm."
- "This is a deep and intriguing novel or commentary written by Machiavelli that delves into political and sociological science and explores the values of these systems. It's quite a page-turner and is really thoughtful and full of wisdom. Reading along these lines is great for intellectual thinking and profound thoughts on the systems that made us the way we are today."
- "The Prince is a really good insight into the political workings of 16th century Italy. It's a guide book of sorts for royalty and high standing members of society written by Machiavelli. It's not the most exciting read, but could be great if you find yourself in need of research 1500's European ways of life."
- "A classic work. This is great for people who like to learn about different points of view. We've come to use "Machiavellian" as a bad term, but this work is not really so unethical. It's good to read just to get a different viewpoint of how a community may be governed. "
There are no comments yet!