This solution is ranked
in What are the best non-holocaust Jewish historical fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for married ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best biblical fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with colors in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best books for book clubsRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fiction books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best christian historical fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best inspirational books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best books for teenage Christian girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best Christian fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best books for Christian womenRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for ChristiansRead user opinions
What the community says about The Red Tent
- "When trying to teach Jewish culture, I often have trouble doing so without being forced to explain the context of the holocaust. With The Red Tent, I was able to use this story of historical fiction to teach amazing things about the Jewish cultural without needing to mention the holocaust or its context."
- "If you're looking for a great historical fiction, The Red Tent is exactly what you need. This novel would be an excellent choice for a book club with all of the great content and plot lines. I've never been disappointed with Anita Diamant's books before and this was definitely one of my top favorites. This would be a great pick for a ladies book club or any book club for that matter. "
- "I am in love with this book. I read it about three weeks ago, but when I started I couldn't put it down. I read the entire thing in less than three days. If you are looking for a christian book with lots of drama this is the one you should buy. I recommend all christians read this book!"
- "This is a great book written a little differently than most Christian books. I don't look at it as inspirational because of fake feel goods. It is a raw example of what really has gone on to Christians in the bible especially to woman. It delves deep into the sins that Christians have done while using the book as an excuse as a means of inspiring Christians to do better and be better than they have been in the past. Very eye opening and inspirational to help woman overcome the opression that has been placed upon them throughout the world in the name of organized religion."
- "This is good, but only for older teen Christian girls. The book tells the story of Dinah, but it is after all historical fiction, and may upset some Christians as it does not follow the Bible literally. There are disturbing topics such as rape that are not appropriate for younger teens. The book is also quite controversial, so parental review is a good idea before you let your teen read it."