This solution is ranked
in What are the best science fiction and fantasy books with mercenariesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with gay fantasy creaturesRead user opinions
in What are the best books related to GreeceRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books with badass charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best sword and sorcery booksRead user opinions
in What are the best audiobook series to listen toRead user opinions
in What are the best books written in beautiful proseRead user opinions
in What are the best brutal action novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with wizards, witches, sorcerers, and magesRead user opinions
in What are the best author-narrated audiobooksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read fantasy books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best narrated audiobooksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Sacred Band
- "This book focuses heavily on mercenaries in an alternate world and weaves a magical tale about their survival and quests after the death of a cult group of mercenaries. It's not one of the best science fiction books and is more fantasy, which has a lot of strange competition in that genre. "
- "I like how the book makes you feel in another time and in another world. The story is really interesting. I remember that when I first got the book I didnt really want to read but a friend told me it was really good so I gaved it a shot. I liked how the book mixes different elements such as gods, mythical creatures, social problems."
- "The Ancient Greek genre has been highly saturated in recent years, owing to the fact that it's a legacy rich with characters and themes. However, The Sacred Band is a breath of fresh air into Greek mythology, and approaches it from an angle that has been previously unseen. I quite enjoyed the book myself; it might not be the best in the genre, but there's certainly a lot to choose from. I can promise that you won't be disappointed."
- "When The Sacred Band begins, all mercy is lost in the fog of war as Tempus' Stepsons risk everything on a strange battlefield, infuriating gods and Fates: In 338 BCE, during the Battle of Chaeronea that results in the massacre of the Sacred Band of Thebes, Tempus and his Stepson cavalry rescue twenty three pairs of Theban Sacred Banders, paired brothers and lovers, to fight on other days. These forty-six Thebans, whose bones will never lie in the mass grave that holds their two hundred and fifty-four brothers, join with the immortalized Tempus and his Sacred Band of Stepsons, consummate ancient cavalry fighters, to make new lives in a faraway land and fight the battle of their dreams where gods walk the earth, ghosts take the field, and the angry Fates demand their due"
- "Super boring. The subject seems like it would be exciting, but I was falling asleep reading it. The writing is so dry and boring. I do not recommend. "
- "This book was epic. The writing kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I could actually feel my heart beating as I turned the pages. The battle scenes were extremely graphic and brutal. It felt like something you would see on cable. If you like long tales full of ancient gods and battles I'd say The Sacred Band is the perfect book to read. "
- "I picked this book for a book report because I thought it would be a fun adventure to read but hated it. The plot is so complex I couldn't keep up with it. It deals with this fake mythic world and these weird temples and gods fighting with mortals. If you're into really wild fantasy books and wild themes, you should read it. I should have gone with an easier book though."
There are no comments yet!