This solution is ranked
in What are the best victorian mystery novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best Sherlock Holmes storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best locked-room mystery booksRead user opinions
in What are the best reading list of Spencer ReidRead user opinions
in What are the best books published by Barnes & NobleRead user opinions
in What are the best books with numbers in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best British crime and mystery fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read detective mystery seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best crime and mystery booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Sign of Four (Sherlock Holmes)
- "I love mystery novels, but recently I was thinking it would be really fun to read some more historic ones to get a feel for what the genre was like in the past. I settled on the Victorian era, as I've always found it fascinating. I had completely forgotten about Sherlock Holmes! He's a classic, and I've never really read much by him so this is a great opportunity! I will definitely be reading this novel!"
- "Sherlock Holmes, I presume? I love that classic line. Too bad It's not said enough! Holmes is back in this caper. It's a delightful mystery, that only Holmes himself can solve. All the mysteries that Doyle wrote are impossible to solve, unless you're the world's greatest detective, that is."
- "I'm a mathematician so I love anything having to do with math. I also love detective stories. So I recently read the book "The Sign of Four" which attracted me simply because there was a number in the title! The book is very well written and attention getting. I think I still would have liked it even if the number wasn't there! "
- "Definitely a great pick for a must-read detective book. What greater detective to read about than Sherlock Holmes. I loved it from beginning to end. I just wish the paperback copy of the book didn't cost so much but at least you can get a digital copy for free."
- "A great mystery novel, and one of the first Sherlock Holmes books, so it's an absolute classic. But would I say it's one of the best crime and mystery books? Maybe not. I think it's up there, but other books in the Sherlock Holmes series surpassed it, in my opinion. So while this one comes close, it's not the absolute best. Definitely worth a read though. I sure enjoyed it!"