This solution is ranked
in What are the best modern romance books adapted into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best childhood friends that turned into adult lovers booksRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult realistic novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best summer romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult trilogy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books taking place during summerRead user opinions
in What are the best books similar to Sarah Dessen's worksRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read if you like Nicholas SparksRead user opinions
in What are the best books that have summer in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best next-door romancesRead user opinions
in What are the best amusing books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with neighborhood romancesRead user opinions
What the community says about The Summer I Turned Pretty
- "I read this book one summer at the beach and it was a pretty easy and decent read. Even though I am not a teenager anymore, I found I could really immerse myself in the book. It was a good romance to read about and the whole coming of age and the way kids deal with life and love. I would read it over again next summer. "
- "Every persons fantasy, falling in love with your childhood best friend after years and years. The Summer I Turned Pretty is is part of Jenny Han's series telling about a group of friends that stand together and grow together. In this one we find out what happens when a young girl blossoms into a beautiful young lady and how it will effect her friendships with her guy friends."
- "Jenny Han's young adult novel is pretty captivating for its intended audience, apparently. She seems to capture the thoughts and motivations of a teenage girl fairly well. It's a good choice for a road trip or vacation or something along those lines. There's nothing profound here, but it'll keep a young female reader engaged for the most part."
- "I read it in one sitting. Even though there’s a thin air of sadness coating the story’s atmosphere, to me it was still familiar, warm and comforting. Jenny Han’s writing and stories usually do that. I enjoyed every single character and how they were more complex than they first appeared. I definitely want to read the rest of the series soon."
- "The Summer I Turned Pretty is a good coming-of-age story. It has a narrative that kept my interest, and while I wouldn't call it a non-stop page-turner, I will say that I definitely wanted to see how things turned out for the characters. If you are nostalgic for your youth, or if you are currently going through these adolescent years, then this book will appeal to you. However I can think of much better titles with Summer in the title, namely A Midsummer Night's Dream."
There are no comments yet!
- #14 of 129
in What are the best romance books
- "Well first of all I feel like I would've enjoyed this more if I were a girl, but I still liked it. We read it for school and it really puts being a young adult into perspective and what some of us look back on as our favorite experiences and what others see as what they missed. Overall I'd recommend it. "