This solution is ranked
in What are the best crime fiction books with police proceduralsRead user opinions
in What are the best forensic fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books with medical examiner or coroner charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best horror suspense novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best psychological thriller books by female writersRead user opinions
in What are the best crime and mystery books of female authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best detective novels written by womenRead user opinions
in What are the best novels to read if you like James PattersonRead user opinions
in What are the best suspense thriller booksRead user opinions
in What are the best modern mystery crime fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best crime booksRead user opinions
in What are the best crime and mystery booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Surgeon (Rizzoli and Isles)
- "This was a fun book to read for in a sense, it had me watching like a movie. It was hard to put down, and i found myself in the characters shoes, going through thier actions, but unable to help them because I saw what was coming on the next pages. This was a fascinating read and one worth looking into as it belongs to a larger, very good series. "
- "The Surgeon was a terrifying book to this individual. I don't know if it was the quality of writing or the exceptional dialogue. Most likely, this story scared me because of my own fears at night. I have for many years lay awake in bed, and I imagine sounds inside and outside of my house. This book's villain is one that gets people at their most vulnerable: when they are peacefully asleep. Nothing can be more frightening to me, so my imagination was captured with this story."
- "The author of this book has written a number of acclaimed stories involving detectives, mysteries, and other such themes, so it would seem appropriate to call her one the best female authors in this genre, at least considering her whole body of work. Not sure which of these author's books I would specifically call her best, but this seems to be the first one in a longer series, so it's a good pick in that regard. All her works seem to be of a fairly consistent quality, so you seemingly can't go wrong."
- "James Patterson hooked me with suspense/crime novels like "Along Came a Spider." "The Surgeon" follows in Patterson's line (or maybe Patterson follows in Gerritsen's line) by featuring a grisly and outlandish murder case that must be solved. It's gripping, suspenseful, and fun. "
- "I do not usually like to read thriller books but The Surgeon (Rizzoli and Isles) surprised even me. I was kept on the edge of my seat turning pages late into the night. I usually do not find myself that enthralled by books but this story really kept me on the hook."
- #25 of 139
in What are the best crime books"This is a scary book. Smart plot and well written story. The author writes the villain in first person and the main characters in third to great effect. Did I mention that this book is scary? Very scary. I gave it four stars because I found Rizzoli a bit unlikeable. I expect it is part of her character arc and she will grow in future stories. "
- "Out of all of the crime and mystery books that I have read lately, the best has to be The Surgeon (Rizzoli and Isles). I thought that the story could have been set up a bit better but in the end I really enjoyed the story and the way that the characters were portrayed. The suspense was really high all the way throughout the book."