This solution is ranked
in What are the best recommended books by the NBC's Today ShowRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books if you liked the Outlander seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring librariansRead user opinions
in What are the best time travel romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels to read if you loved The Age of AdalineRead user opinions
in What are the best award-winning contemporary romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with tragic endingsRead user opinions
in What are the best whimsical novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring redhead girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books about lottery winnersRead user opinions
in What are the best standalone science fiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended science fiction and fantasy books by NPRRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with untraditional endingRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction book with unrealistic themesRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi books for girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best tearjerker romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with tRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books that turned into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best worth-reading thick booksRead user opinions
in What are the best literary science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about sad romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best worth reading booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read light novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best heartbreaking and tragic romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read amazing booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Time Traveler's Wife
- "I recently watched the movie that was based on the book and I had to run out and get a copy of the book. I always find the imagery and imagination in the book to let me fall deeper into the story. This book did not disappoint as the story is still as powerful as ever, but I did find the writing to feel more literary than emotional. It may have been because I saw the movie first, but I never really got that deep connection with the characters as I was hoping to in the book. It’s a unique book and one that is worth the time to read for sure. "
- "It is interesting how the books that defy confinement to a single genre provide the most intriging premises. The Time Traveler’s Wife is neither romance, nor science fiction, nor pure fantasy. Henry, the time traveler, is the protagonist, with time itself as the antagonist. It is a man versus nature story told with new ideas. Points for originality."
There are no comments yet!
- "It seems like it will be a sappy romance novel, but this book is a lot more. The story has a definite science fiction element, and the time travel brings historical fiction in as well. It's different and touching, and I would highly recommend it to fans of romantic historical fiction looking for something a little different."
- "The Time Traveler's Wife is a really engaging and interesting novel. While I'm not sure it's really among the best of the best, I like how different it is from many science fiction books, a different tone and approach from the usual, so a very interesting offering in the genre."
- "This book takes an interesting perspective of how a couple juggles relationship issues with issues that deal with the fantastical(time travel). This is a book that some will love and some will hate. I enjoyed it because it provided a good deal of escapism for me. The things that Clare and Henry were going through are things that I couldn't relate to at all. I like that. "
- "This is a very special fiction book, it is written very nicely, it tells an entertaining story, and has many different characters and everyone of them has something to tell, and i can say that it is one of the best sci-fi books i have read. I have had a very good time reading this book, and i am sure that it will be the same for many of the readers. "
- "I think The Time Traveler's Wife was the first book that made my take fantasy and science-fiction as my faves. I was usually into horror entertainment but found out that my interest actually lies in books like The Time Traveler's Wife. I am usually not into romance, but The Time Traveler's Wife kept my interest. I would have to agree that The Time Traveler's Wife is the best book with titles that start with t."
- "I've read the book and seen the movie. While the movie largely stays true to the book, the book is definitely more of a tear jerker. Being part of a long distance relationship for a while, I definitely connected with Clare and Henry and felt tears rolling down my cheeks on multiple occasions when I was reading."
- "Marriage is hard enough without having your husband off in another time frame altogether. But somehow, they make it work. I'm not crazy about the language in the book at times, but it might not bother some. It was ok, a little confusing at times, but I got through it."
- "I remember when this book first came out and I thought the title of the book was a metaphor for something really deep and symbolic. It just did not occur to me that they would actually write a book about a time-travelling husband and have that book become a bestseller. But the way this novel is written really draws you in, and you know that while their love is beautiful that there is tragedy just around the corner, making the story really enticing and truly heartbreaking. "