This solution is ranked
in What are the best children's books about sentient toysRead user opinions
in What are the best children's picture books about toysRead user opinions
in What are the best Classic books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books for people with INFP personalitiesRead user opinions
in What are the best picture books about rabbitsRead user opinions
in What are the best children's books featuring death of loved oneRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books that feature animal charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books with talking animalsRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fictions for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books about ChristmasRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read children's books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books for 2nd grade ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 1920sRead user opinions
in What are the best books that have color in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best magical books for kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for a baby showerRead user opinions
in What are the best picture books about fantasyRead user opinions
in What are the best books for little girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best bedtime stories for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best well-written children's books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature animalsRead user opinions
What the community says about The Velveteen Rabbit
- "Akin to Winnie the Poo, but substituted with a chippy rabbit, the story is enchanting for young children to read. The Velveteen Rabbit is a toy to others, but to one special boy, the rabbit is his best friend. Together they share a bond of care free fun and whimsical adventures of light hearted imagination."
- "In this world of snark and drivel, this book is a gem. It’s the classic book and you probably read it as a child and feel it must be outdated. But fret not, love never is. It’s a beautiful book that by grand-daughter cherished. I have to read it every time I visit. Thank God for Margery Williams."
- "The Velveteen Rabbit is a great suite for INFP personalities. I'm so happy I picked it up at a local book sale. The main character, a toy rabbit, was disowned by it's owner because the owner found new mechanical toys to play with. The rabbit does find love later on in the book, though, so it's all good."
- "The Velveteen Rabbit is such a fun, fantastical book to read. I love how the characters come alive despite being animals. It is a lovely story about the conditions of time and really teaches you the values of life. If anything, it made me reassess the things that I buy and the things that I use. Despite being a book for young adults and teenagers, I thoroughly enjoyed this as an adult. It reminds me a bit of Toy Story, but with an animistic twist. This will be on my reading list for years to come. "
There are no comments yet!
- "Who wouldn't love "The Velveteen Rabbit?" It's a timeless story. In our society of instant gratification and constantly changing technology, this story serves as an important reminder to slow down and appreciate the little things in our lives. I read this story to my children and we talk about cherishing our belongings and what is really important in life. I am sure it will be just as relevant some day when they are reading it to my grandchildren!"
- "The Velveteen Rabbit is an all-time classic children's book. It's definitely a great book for young children. I don't really think it's specifically aimed at Christians but there also isn't material in it that would offend or take away from the Christian lifestyle and mindset."
- "The Velveteen Rabbit is a classic novel loved by generations and still lasts the tests of time. This story starts at Christmas when a stuffed bunny is given to a little boy. He was forgotten for a while but the author discusses the possible magic of toys. You feel for this little toy rabbit and hope for a happy end."
- "I was looking for a new bedtime story for my child. My daughter loves when I read to her before bed. I found The Velveteen Rabbit. It's a classic story about a toy rabbit that is tossed aside and has to find love and appreciation from others. It's a beautiful story. I love the message behind it. Definitely check this out if you have kids."