This solution is ranked
in What are the best books by L. Frank BaumRead user opinions
in What are the best Collins Classics booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books that feature animal charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best children's books from the Victorian periodRead user opinions
in What are the best books mentioned in The PagemasterRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature anthropomorphic animalsRead user opinions
in What are the best classic Christian books for 6th grade studentsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for kids to read on summerRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 1900sRead user opinions
in What are the best books that influenced AmericaRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for 8 to 10-year-old boysRead user opinions
in What are the best books about dogs for children under twelveRead user opinions
in What are the best 100-year-old booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Children's fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best children's booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- "Having truly stood the test of time, "The Wonderful World of Oz" is a stunning book of fantasy that captivates audiences still to this day. Baum must have know that he was creating one of the best fantasy stories of all time that feature animal characters. This book is an absolute must read."
- "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is such a critical part of our American literature and culture. This is early entertainment book and exemplifies values of the time directed towards children. This is a great story in all forms."
- "HarperCollins is proud to present its range of best-loved, essential classics. ‘“Come along, Toto,” she said. “We will go to the Emerald City and ask the Great Oz how to get back to Kansas again.”’ Swept away from her home in Kansas by a tornado, Dorothy and her dog Toto find themselves stranded in the fantastical Land of Oz. As instructed by the Good Witch of the North and the Munchkins, Dorothy sets off on the yellow brick road to try and find her way to the Emerald City and the Wizard of Oz, who can help her get home. With her companions the Scarecrow, the Tin Woodman and the Cowardly Lion, Dorothy experiences an adventure full of friendship, magic and danger. A much-loved children’s classic, The Wizard of Oz continues to delight readers young and old with its enchanting tale of witches, flying monkeys and silver shoes."
There are no comments yet!
- "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is not only a classic film familiar to just about everyone but a cautionary tale that not-so-subtly warns us to "peek behind the curtain." That lesson is particularly valuable when analyzing politics in the United States, both current and past. Surely, there's no place like home. This should be required reading for all Americans."
- "A definite classic, with a lovely relationship between a little girl and her dog. I have to admit after reading this book when I was nine years old, I begged my mother for a dog about a hundred times because I needed a companion to get thru the unknown future dangers with. I think this book is great for kids, it's whimsical, magical, and transports you to another world that you've never known. "
- "This book is an absolutely amazing story! Every page is thought out with such exquisite detail. The story was a bit long for my youngest child, but I just made it up as I went along. He got the gist of it and he really only cares about the amazing pictures anyway. The book has to be stored away from little hands, but it's a special treat for my little guy any time we pull it out to read. Totally recommend this to anyone trying to get their kids into reading!"
- #136 of 412
in What are the best children's books