This solution is ranked
in What are the best books recommended by Emma RobertsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for fans of Hayao MiyazakiRead user opinions
in What are the best graphic novels for girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best graphic novels created by womenRead user opinions
in What are the best graphic novels for high school studentsRead user opinions
in What are the best graphic novels to kill boredomRead user opinions
in What are the best graphic novels for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best graphic novels for young adultsRead user opinions
What the community says about This One Summer
- "I bought this for my tween daughter who asked for a “realistic fiction” book. She is a young advanced reader and after reading the reviews I felt good about this book. When it came the language and content were WAY too mature for a tween aged girl. It was returned!!! "
- "This book is beautifully illustrated and displays the point in your life when you start expanding your horizons. The design is reminiscent of Hayao Miyazaki's work and will definitely pull you in with the attention to detail. The plot line is relatableto almost everyone who has experienced teenagehood.""This is a great summer time escape-read. A book to bring to the pool or the beach and let the day laze away. It is a coming of age story set over the course of a summer but painted with the same creative flourish as film maker Hayao Miyazaki. It's a whimsical experience. "
- "This is a wonderful graphic novel that my niece just loves. Though friendship of the two girls pulls you in and keeps you wanting to learn more. Though I suggest that the book be for older teens has there are some questionable content in there""I love graphic novels and this one is no exception. It can be enjoyed by all ages and sexes, but I haven't met a girl who didn't love it. The art is beautiful and the story was very enticing. "
- "I actually disagree. Although I don't think This One Summer is bad by any stretch of the truth, I think there are almost an infinite number of better options for BEST graphic novels for high school students. Even outside of Marvel and DC classics, there are series like Saga that are much more interestingly drawn, and much more well written with better characters. This One Summer, again, isn't terrible. It's a decent drama, but best? I think not."
- "I was much more interested in the graphics than the novel portion of this graphic novel. I thought the art style was unique and very well done but I found myself not terribly engaged by the story. I think the story had some trouble balancing its tone, which is understandable in teen media. "