This solution is ranked
in What are the best books about real life storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books for persuasive researchRead user opinions
in What are the best interesting non-fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about taking risksRead user opinions
in What are the best therapy books for depressed peopleRead user opinions
in What are the best books to help prevent teen suicideRead user opinions
in What are the best non-fiction books about depression and suicideRead user opinions
in What are the best books about sociologyRead user opinions
in What are the best books for understanding EmpathsRead user opinions
in What are the best essential sociology booksRead user opinions
in What are the best inspirational biographiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books for trial advocatesRead user opinions
in What are the best heartwarming booksRead user opinions
What the community says about To the Survivors
- "This result really depends on what kinds of risks the searcher is looking for. Being raped or sexually assaulted is not risky because it's not the victim's fault so I don't think this book is very relevant. However the actions of the rape crisis counselor could be risky, depending on the actions taken."
- "This is a good book for someone who has suffered any type of sexual assault or battles depression. It is the retelling of a Rape crisis counselor of his cases and their road to recovery. It shows you that no matter what you been through there is a light at the end of the tunnel."
- "This book, dealing very seriously with rape and sexual abuse, should be very helpful for anyone dealing with something similar. This might not appeal to just anyone, due to the subject matter, and may not be the best choice for this exact search criteria, but does have some overlap in themes. It is also very well reviewed."
- "This book was impactful, informative and simply a great read! This author shares the story of the victims by letting the victims speak for themselves. Too often I have picked up a book in which someone is talking in the 3rd person about an issue as sensitive as sexual abuse. This book lets you hear directly from various 'Survivors." The subject is indeed a sensitive subject, yet we all know someone who can benefit from this great read. I decided to purchase a few copies for the holiday and share it with a few people I know who have been victims. "
- "This was a powerful read. The topic of assault, let alone sexual assault, is always tricky and a sensitive subject. To the survivors was so beautifully written and I absolutely loved the fact that all the stories were told in a completely uncensored fashion. You were able to really feel the emotion behind these brave individuals' stories. "
- "This book tackles a very difficult subject in a very direct way. Written by a rape crisis counselor, To the Survivors chronicles the victims' stories of victimization and recovery in their own words. The subjects are diverse in age, gender, and circumstance yet their stories can be woven together in a meaningful way. This is a great resource for those who wish to contemplate their own situations. "
There are no comments yet!