This solution is ranked
in What are the best recommended novels with long titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with beautiful titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best classic metafiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with poetic titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best books set in PragueRead user opinions
in What are the best books recommended by Coke TalkRead user opinions
in What are the best books published in 1984Read user opinions
in What are the best books for people with ENTP personalitiesRead user opinions
in What are the best book titles made funny by adding "in your pants" to the endRead user opinions
in What are the best books with odd titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best books by Czech authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels turned into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best non-American books for AmericansRead user opinions
in What are the best existential fiction booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Unbearable Lightness of Being
- "This books fits very good into this topic category. It is a stunningly, outstanding, beautifully poetic and articulate paragraph after paragraphs of writings. This book will make you feel so many emotions while reading it that you will not want to put in down until you are finished reading it."
- "This book had a lot of sketches, which found odd, considering that this was supposed to be a novel. Turns out, it was just as well, because the sketches were the best part of The unbearable lightness of being. I found it pretentious and it seemed to me the author was more pushing an agenda cloaked within a novel."
- "I had a hard time with this book. The woman is married to a man who likes women and is torn between her and a mistress. I don't understand why any woman would put up with such a thing, but apparently there's a story to be told here about enlightenment. I was too distracted by my dislike of the husband to enjoy it."
There are no comments yet!
- "This novel was recommend to me by a friend and I'm quite glad that I chose to purchase this novel and gave it a read. Unbearable Lightness of Being Fantastic is the best novel published in 1984 that offered an insightful observations about the characters and their life in general. Although I find the chapter to be short; However, it allows one to think about the idea of what the author wanted to portray. Would highly recommend."
- " Sign up My Books Browse ▾ Community ▾ Join Goodreads and meet your next favorite book! Sign in with Facebook Book cover for Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain Book details Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain by Portia de Rossi 3.83 34,542 Ratings Want to Read Rate "I didn't decide to become anorexic. It snuck up on me disguised as a healthy diet, a professional attitude. Being as thin as possible was a way to make the job of being an actress easier . . ." Portia de Rossi weighed only 82 pounds when she... More Get a copy Amazon Stores Libraries Friends’ Reviews To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up . Community Reviews Buggy Buggy rated it really liked it over 4 years ago Shelves: bio-memoir , shelf-11 , addicted Opening Line: “He doesn’t wait until I’m awake. He comes into my unconscious to find me, to pull me out.” I knew almost nothing about Portia De Rossi before reading her gripping biography. Sure I’d seen her years ago on Ally McBeal. I knew she was beautiful, I knew she was... Read full review Like Likes: 72 Nikki Nikki rated it it was ok over 4 years ago Shelves: true-story , lez , xx , this-is-mental My “favorite” part was eight pages in, when she indulges in “too much” yogurt, freaks out, and starts doing lunges to make up for it: “I start sobbing now as I lunge my way across the floor and I wonder how many calories I’m burning by sobbing. Sobbing and lunging"
- "I love romantic movies and am always watching them. Often when a movie is based on a book I find the movie to be much worse than the book. But that wasn't the case at all for "Unbearable Lightness of Being." It was one of my favorite books and I feel like the movie truly brought the book to life allowing us to delve deeply into the character's heads and understand their feelings. I loved it and thought it was great overall!"
- "I love to read. In my opinion, one of the best existential fiction books out there is "Unbearable Lightness of Being". A great love story centered around the Russian occupation of the Czech Republic. Intense, did not know it was a descriptive romantic novel at times, but it is still one of the greatest books I have read."