This solution is ranked
in What are the best sci-fi novels from the 2009 Locus recommended reading listRead user opinions
in What are the best Science fiction horror booksRead user opinions
in What are the best non-horror books by Stephen KingRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books written by Stephen KingRead user opinions
in What are the most frightening books by Stephen KingRead user opinions
in What are the best horror books of the 21st centuryRead user opinions
in What are the best books that are over a 1000 pagesRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books with more than 500 pagesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with u, v, or wRead user opinions
What the community says about Under the Dome
- "Based on the best-selling Stephen King novel of the same name, "Under the Dome" follows the residents of Chester's Mill, Maine, as they find their small town suddenly cut off from the rest of the world by a transparent dome. While some people start to panic, a small group of citizens -- led by Army veteran Dale Barbara -- tries to maintain some semblance of peace and order, while also attempting to learn the truth about the mysterious barrier, the purpose behind it -- and, most importantly, how to escape it."
There are no comments yet!
- "If you've watched the TV series, step back and forget how badly the last season was handled, because - forgive the old saying - the book is better. Stephen King did not disappoint in this book. It's a thrilling story that kept me tense and unable to stop turning page after page, wondering if they'd make it in time. If you like Stephen King, Under the Dome is definitely worth your time!"
- "I originally saw the TV show when it aired, and only just recently picked up the book. Not surprisingly, it was much better than the TV series by a longshot. I recommend it if you thought the concept of the show was interesting."
- "I recently bought the book "Under the Dome" for the birthday of a friend of mine, so he could use it as a weapon too, given how big it is! Stephen King wrote an absolute masterpiece, and I suggest reading this title to whoever enjoyed the TV Series with the same name. Great one!"
- "I somehow managed to watch every episode of Under the Dome as it went fully crazy. After all that, I had to read the book myself. What a disservice the show did to the book. I usually prefer King's horror works, but Under the Dome is fantastic. Well-written and intriguing, you almost feel like you're under the dome with the town. "