This solution is ranked
in What are the best romance books for college studentsRead user opinions
in What are the best new adult romance books with the highest ratingsRead user opinions
in What are the best hot romance books about possessivenessRead user opinions
in What are the best new adult contemporary booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with obsessive love storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with an athlete main characterRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with MMA fightersRead user opinions
in What are the best books with dangerous bad boy leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels-featuring-jerk-boysRead user opinions
in What are the best YA romance novels with bad boysRead user opinions
in What are the best smutty romance books for intellectualsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels which are intense to readRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult contemporary romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring controlling and possessive male leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with fightersRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books featuring enemies who become loversRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring rock stars, bikers, and tattoo artistsRead user opinions
in What are the best new adult book seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best college romancesRead user opinions
in What are the best new adult books set in collegeRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read sexy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best love and hate romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with bad boy heroesRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring a possessive maleRead user opinions
in What are the best new adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult romances with a bad boy characterRead user opinions
in What are the best intense and angsty romance novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about Walking Disaster (Beautiful)
- "Every once in a while, I read a romance novel. The author's first book "Beautiful Disaster" was written from Abby's point of view. "Walking Disaster" is from the male perspective of Travis. I thought it was a chance for me to relate to this viewpoint of their relationship. I have mixed feelings about it. Travis was shown in a very emotional light. I am more of a stoic guy so while I tried to empathize with this, in the end, it failed to reach me. It is rated really highly so don't let me dissuade you from giving it a shot."
- "This is the reverse version of the novel Beautiful Disaster, and tell's the story from Travis' point of view (rather than Abby's.) It doesn't give an exact play by play of the first novel, though, and skips over Travis and Abby's first meeting! It also glazes over many of the heartwarming moments from the first book. Still a worthy read, but could also be a disappointment for some. It needs to be read second and by fans."
- "Walking Disaster is the second book in the love story between Travis and Abby and is told from Travis's point of view. Although basically it was telling the same story, it is important to read it so you can understand who Travis really is, some of the reasons why he is this way and get to know the man behind all the tough guy persona. The book starts out when Travis is 3, and his mother is dying, and she asks her husband to bring Travis to her and she wants to talk to him and say goodbye, and this is what she says to him; "First, it’s okay to be sad. It’s okay to feel things. Remember that. Second, be a kid for as long as you can. Play games, Travis. Be silly”—her eyes glossed over—“and you and your brothers take care of each other, and your father. Even when you grow up and move away, it’s important to come home. Okay?” My head bobbed up and down, desperate to please her. “One of these days you’re going to fall in love, son. Don’t settle for just anyone. Choose the girl that doesn’t come easy, the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting. Never”—she took a deep breath—“stop fighting for what you want. And never”—her eyebrows pulled in—“forget that Mommy loves you. Even if you can’t see me.” A tear fell down her cheek. “I will always, always love you.” She took a choppy breath, and then coughed."
- "Add: Part of the Beautiful Disaster series of books. Jamie McGuire is the New York Times bestselling author of Beautiful Sacrifice, Beautiful Redemption, Beautiful Oblivion, A Beautiful Wedding, Red Hill, Walking Disaster, and Beautiful Disaster. Over 3,000 reviews at Amazon 4 1/2 stars."
- "I love great fighting books, especially with MMA fighters. Sometime's it's difficult to find a good book that fits that genre, but Walking Disaster (Beautiful) is definitely the best novel with MMA fighters. The book will really take you through a loop of adventure and curiosity."
- "The story follows romance involving a man who lives a cowboy like lifestyle and engages in gambling and violence. Travis in the Walking Disaster (Beautiful) fits the jerk boy type of novel and really outlines his personality that he adapted from his mother to fight. "
There are no comments yet!
- "What can I say the "Walking Disaster" books is a New York Bestseller and rightly so. It follows a terrible story of a young man whose mother died and he takes a downward spiral in a world of fights, women, gambling, and danger. I loved the book and if you are into adult contemporary romance this book might just be that book."
- "Well, I felt that this was an okay read for me. It's not bad or anything, it's just not my kind of book. I'm sure that most will enjoy it though. I'll say that the story is somewhat interesting. I can see why there are many fans to this title. Like I said though, just not my kind of book."
- "In today's world, I wonder if a book such as this doesn't portray women in too sexist a manner - or is it simply a realistic manner other than the one the media and Hollywood would like us to believe. Are women really so predictable in their behavior and true natures? Or is this simply the formula you need to sell lots of books?"
- "Walking Disaster is a retelling of Beautiful Disaster but through the eyes of the male protagonist Travis. It's pretty cool to be able to see what Travis what thinking in certain scenes that you know so well from Beautiful Disaster. I honestly didn't think I would like this concept of retelling, but it turned out to be quite refreshing and fun. "
- "I am very intrigued with this book because this book tells the story from the character Travis' point of view. He deals with family issues and misconception of his parents' relationship. I would say before reading this book you have to read the book before this one to get a grasp of what the author is trying to say. "
- "I'd recommend starting with the first book in the series called 'Beautiful Disaster' which this is a sequel to. However, it's not totally necessary as this is the same story as 'Beautiful Disaster' only told through the man's point of view. So, really it's up to you. By taking the male's point of view, it actually is a little different for the genre and one you might enjoy. I know I did. "
- #14 of 20
in What are the best new adult books
- "The best part of this book was the epilogue! Sorry but this is the worst book you have written. It just does not flow, if someone were to pick it up instead of beautiful disaster and never read it they probably wouldn't read any more of your work. Plot was thin, so much detail missing. Just jumpy random things happening with no detail or preamble as to why. Nice to see Travis' side but it would make more sense to rewrite the original from both points of view."
- "This book is the same story as Beautiful Disaster, except it's told from the point of view of a different character. I thought that was an interesting way to go about a sequel. I enjoyed the first book, so I enjoyed this one too. Instead of simply continuing the story, it added depth to a story I already liked. I recommend it to anyone who has read the first book. "