This solution is ranked
in What are the best poetry books for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best well-written children's books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best Living Books from the Charlotte Manson Method listRead user opinions
in What are the best timeless children's books according to Time magazineRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books ideal for all agesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with u, v, or wRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books according to AmazonRead user opinions
in What are the best books by Jewish authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 1970sRead user opinions
in What are the best juvenile fiction books for ages 7-12Read user opinions
in What are the best must-read books from my childhoodRead user opinions
in What are the best poetry booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Where the Sidewalk Ends
- " I bought this for my daughter as she likes poetry and funny stories. She has re-read it twice so I'm going to take that as a win. It seemed fine and geared toward her age with appropriate content. We always like to give books for presents and it's a real plus when the children enjoy them enough to read them more than once."
- "Of all the Shel Silverstein collections, this one is my favorite. There are many classic poems in this book that I still remember from childhood. My mother refused to give up her Shel Silverstein books when I found out that I was expecting, so I had to buy my own. This is a must, must, must for your children. They will love the catchy subjects and "bouncy" writing style that Shel has perfected! Read and enjoy!!!"
- "This is something that young readers can understand, especially with the pictures or teenagers can remember in nostalgia. Also, adults can like this too and read with their children. This Shel Silverstein book is really something that all ages can understand and benefit from."
- "These kinds of books in my opinion are considered timeless classics. I think any parent or teacher will find their children will like to read this book. The older crowd will have feelings of nostalgia when they hear those familiar poems again. This is a must read for anyone."
- "Where the Sidewalk Ends is a great book for ages 6 and up. It is a delightful tale of different characters told in a humorous way. The author speaks at their level and this book will keep their attention. I agree this is the best juvenile fiction book for this age group."
- "This is an infamous book. I think that every person in the Western world has been exposed to this book. It is being sold on Amazon for $3.30, brand new; but, someone has a new paperback for sale for $1,500. There is also a new audio CD for sale for $200.00; there is a used one for $120.00. I wonder if those CDs were narrated by Shel Silverstein himself? It appears that owning this book might be an investment both financially and for its entertainment value."
- #20 of 117
in What are the best poetry books