This solution is ranked
in What are the best Asus laptops with Blu-Ray driveRead user opinions
in What are the best Asus laptops with DVD driveRead user opinions
in What are the best i5 laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best cheap 8GB RAM laptops for programmingRead user opinions
in What are the best Asus laptops with USB optical driveRead user opinions
in What are the best Dell laptops with 2GB RAMRead user opinions
in What are the best Asus laptops with CD driveRead user opinions
in What are the best 8GB laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best laptops for programming work in IndiaRead user opinions
in What are the best laptops for IT professionalsRead user opinions
in What are the best ASUS laptops with Intel Core i5 processorRead user opinions
in What are the best inexpensive laptop computersRead user opinions
in What are the best laptops for designersRead user opinions
in What are the best budget laptops for developersRead user opinions
in What are the best notebooks laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best laptops for developers in the USRead user opinions
in What are the best ASUS laptops with a CPU speed of 2.1 to 2.5 GHzRead user opinions
in What are the best affordable laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best Asus laptops with Blu-ray writerRead user opinions
in What are the best asus laptops with ati radeonRead user opinions
in What are the best laptops for software and game developersRead user opinions
in What are the best powerful laptops for 3D programmingRead user opinions
in What are the best Asus laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best laptops for web developmentRead user opinions
What the community says about ASUS P2540UA-AB51
- "The ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 is a good basic laptop. If you want to get the most out of it, you will want to add another 8GB of RAM to the 8 it comes with. It has a built in DVD drive, which is great for watching movies or installing software, although, these days, those functions can be achieved without a DVD drive. The greatest drawback, to my mind, is that the case is entirely plastic, etched to look like brushed metal. For the price though, what do you really expect?"
- "The ASUS P2540UA-AB51 should be suitable to meet the basic needs for programming. At under $500 and with 8GB of RAM you really can't go wrong. A long battery life is always helpful and it will come with the most recent Windows version. Very easy to upgrade memory. The laptop meet the needs of most users."
- "I found the ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 to be a very good business laptop. The ASUS comes with most of the features you will find on a laptop costing two to three times as much so, for the price, I have to give it four stars. I really appreciate the fact that it comes with little to no bloatware and the full size keyboard."
- "I am a long time customer of ASUS and this laptop does not disappoint. Very sleek design with a brush-metal finish, and the keyboard feels as good as a laptop keyboard can. I've noticed the battery life outperforms almost every other laptop I've ever owned for tasks that aren't too resource-intensive (e.g. web browsing, email, word processing, etc.). Comes with 2GB RAM, but has easy access to memory slots for swapping/expanding. Highly recommend!""This is one of the most complete laptops, with a good form factor, that I have had the pleasure of using. Please note that this is *not* a gaming laptop, though some basic games will run fine. It is a well rounded, very competent entry into the business laptop category and should be a consideration, price wise, for those who might be thinking about dropping 2-3 times as much for a surface laptop. "
- "So far, I love it! Powerful enough to handle everything I've thrown at it, but still portable enough to throw in my bag and go. Battery life could be better, but that's a sacrifice I'll make for portability. I love the fingerprint scanner, much easier than typing in a password. It's also fairly upgradable, something you don't normally see with laptops. Overall, very pleased!"
- #4 of 10
in What are the best 8GB laptops"While looking for a laptop, I came across this one. It had decent specs and the reviews were pretty good so I decided to try it. Honestly, not one of the best but it's good for what I need it for. If you need something faster or for gaming, you may not think it's the best."
There are no comments yet!
- "The ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 business standard Laptop is another 15.6" Full HD screen offering that comes configured with 7th Gen Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz (3M Cache, up to 3.1GHz) processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, Fingerprint, TPM, and 9hrs battery life. There are a total of 4 USB ports. 3 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB2.0. 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA port. This is a mid level offering priced at about $570. Personally I don't think it's got enough processor horsepower to be a legitimate business laptop. I'd certainly compare the options with Dell, HP, and Acer to see if I could find something more powerful at a competitive price. This one just doesn't cut it for me."
- "Asus has made a niche for itself in affordable yet dependable laptops. They are pretty basic in the looks department, but they are well made and hold up well. I have had a viao, dell, asus, and a lenovo. My asus preformed as well as the others for day to day use. "
- "This is a great laptop for the price. It'll do all your basic functions reliably, and has an excellent 9-hour battery life. The case is a little cheap looking and feeling, but what do you expect in this price range--gold plating? If you want it to run super fast, do yourself a favor and upgrade with an an additional 8GB of RAM. The memory is easily accessible, and you'll be able to do it yourself!"
- "The ASUS P2540UA-AB51 is not a gaming laptop, so I wouldn't put it out there as the best one for software and game developers. It does however run basic games fine. If you're not playing games with super intensive programs or graphics, then this is a great computer at a reasonable price."
- "I have been really impressed by this laptop since I have begun using it for 3D programming. #D programming requires a lot of power and I was surprised to see this laptop was able to handle it with no slow down or crashing. I have been creating a 3D model for a video game and I have been using the laptop to write the movement code for the model and I have not experienced any problems. The great battery life has allowed me to work into the night trying to finish the code and overall the laptop has proven its worth. If you need a laptop for 3D programming this laptop is for you."
- #15 of 24
in What are the best Asus laptops"I love how detailed this review is, because it is always hard to find honest and truthful reviews regarding laptops. I would want to purchase this laptop, because it would be perfect for use at home and at work."
- "Currently, I am in classes learning how to make websites. The school provides desktops, but it's so much more convenient to have access to my own settings all the time, so I bought a laptop. This laptop has made class a lot easier for me. It's nice and solid, and does a great job running all my art and design programs."