This solution is ranked
in What are the best gaming laptops under 1500 dollarsRead user opinions
in What are the best gaming laptops good for programmingRead user opinions
in What are the best gaming laptops with good battery lifeRead user opinions
in What are the best Asus laptops with 16 GB RAMRead user opinions
in What are the best gaming laptops for your buckRead user opinions
in What are the best gaming laptops right nowRead user opinions
in What are the best asus laptops with intel integrated graphicsRead user opinions
in What are the best gaming laptops that don't look like gaming laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best ASUS laptops with 1 TB internal hard driveRead user opinions
in What are the best gaming laptops that look normalRead user opinions
in What are the best Asus gaming laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best gaming laptops under 2000 dollarsRead user opinions
in What are the best gaming laptops for gta5Read user opinions
in What are the best ASUS laptops with hybrid driveRead user opinions
in What are the best gaming laptops for VRRead user opinions
in What are the best laptops for graphic designRead user opinions
in What are the best asus laptops with external webcamRead user opinions
in What are the best rated gaming laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best GeForce GTX 1060 gaming laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best gaming laptops with USB C portsRead user opinions
in What are the best 15 inch gaming laptopsRead user opinions
What the community says about ASUS ROG Strix GL502VM
- "The Asus ROG is a great gaming laptop for the price. With 16GB of Ram and an I7 Intel processor, you have the ability to power any game you choose to play. USB ports are ample enough for any mod you might want to ad. Since you are running Intel, it will stay cooler than an AMD chip, plus Asus has added a thermal module to help keep it cool. Great buy for the price! ""This thin laptop is one I bought for gaming at home. It has a really fast processor and a good graphics card, however it seems to have problems getting too hot and doesn't know how to stay "cool". This wasn't an issue with my previous laptop, and I feel like my performance has been taking a hit because of it. Overall, solid buy, but beware the heat."
- "This is a decent laptop for gaming, but the battery life is not quite stellar. It needs to be plugged in around the 3 hour mark, which is okay at home, but if you plan to take it places it is not ideal. It also does not have 720 HDD, so if that is important to you, I would look for a slightly better model. It does have a great processor and graphics card though, so it will work for your gaming needs."
- "The Asus ROG Strix GL502VM is a decent gaming laptop packed in a portable fashion. It handles most modern games pretty well, however, users report hardware and software issues with this model due to heating and bloatware problems. It may be worth looking at other gaming laptops that may last longer."
- "This computer worked fine for a few months. Then it just started having all kinds of problems. A couple of months ago it wasn't able to apply Windows updates any more. It would start the install, then say it was unable to install the update and it would back out the changes and reboot. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 pro because it has options to block updates. But it couldn't install the upgrade either. I called Asus support and they said I would have to call Microsoft (I've already tried everything Microsoft advises for this kind of problem), or send my computer in to have their technicians look at it. I imagine that would be like the last scene of "Raiders of the Lost Ark", where they wheel the crate with the Ark of the Covenant into a huge warehouse full of crates, never to be seen again."
- "ASUS ROG Strix GL502VM is a great solution for best gaming laptops that don't look like gaming laptops, because the Asus ROG Strix GL502VM is a thin and light gaming laptop powered by an Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor and latest-generation NVIDIA GTX 1060 graphics. It features USB 3.1 ports, a duo-copper thermal module to keep it cool and up to 16GB of DDR4 RAM."
- "Gaming is so fun on this Asus ROG Strix GL502VM laptop. I can just take the laptop anywhere I would like and play my favorite game. Of course I may get some side looks because of all the fun I'm having, but it is great! No more having to figure out when I can do my games, the laptop is right there as a tagalong."
- "One of the best gaming laptops you can find for under $2000. It does great if you want to play games. If I had to note a flaw for this product, I would say the battery needs improvement. It does not last long unplugged. Overall, it is a nice laptop for those looking for one worth under $2000.""This is a super slim laptop with high performance for a very affordable price. It has the latest processor that is super fast to run all your gaming needs. It has the latest technology to keep it super cool while you use it so no need to worry about performance issues while using it. "
- "A sleek good looking laptop recommended for light gaming is not a perfect solution for graphic design. Gaming and design can both be done on top end machines but both do not do well in mid range machines. This unit has a lot of mentions of overheating and I've had problems with overheating laptops before so this is something I would steer clear from""If you are doing graphic design this laptop will do the job. It has a great processor and lots of ram to help you do your best work."
- "The specs are good, but it's not what I was looking for. I needed a laptop without a webcam built in. If you're not picky about that, I think it's a decent choice."
- "I would not recommend this laptop as a gaming laptop. While I have never owned an Asus, I'm sure their other laptops are adequate, however, they completely missed it in attempting to make this a gaming laptop. While the processor is stated as being an Intel Core i7 , it does not work as though that is the case. "
- "I enjoy this computer but it doesn't seem as fast as I expected it to be. I am planning to upgrade the RAM and see if that works. Otherwise it is all good. Screen resolution looks good. It is a little heavy for a laptop but that is to be expected for a gaming set up "