This solution is ranked
in What are the best over-ear headphones under 150 dollarsRead user opinions
in What are the best DJ headphones under 100 dollarsRead user opinions
in What are the best headphones around 100 dollarsRead user opinions
in What are the best reasonably priced headphonesRead user opinions
in What are the best sound quality headphones under 100 dollarsRead user opinions
in What are the best cheap headphones for mixingRead user opinions
in What are the best studio headphones under 100 dollarsRead user opinions
in What are the best studio headphonesRead user opinions
in What are the best headphones for metalRead user opinions
What the community says about Audio-Technica ATH-M40x
- "Ok, lets start - this review is purely based on audio and built quality. If you are about fashion and fancy names, than look elsewhere. Last 15 days I was camping in MediaMarkt and Saturn (Deutschland) with one mission only - to decide which headphones to buy. My budget what 300 euros. I have long experience with professional audio equipment, but very low or zero about headphones for listening and enjoying music. I own Bose QC 15 and I like them very much, until today. Music I have used for testing was various - from heavy bass based house, rock, vocal, live concerts, jazz, etc ... you name it, I tried it all really, and mostly from mobile devices - Samsung S4, LG Nexus 4, BlackBerry Bold 9770, Apple Shuffle and Nano. Also, I was using devices in the store, to compare it. All music whas in mp3 format, 320 kbps, ripped from original CD's, audio quality aint something amazing, but still good."
- "I'm always trying out new headphones because for me it's not only about the sound quality and the value for the dollar but I have to have something that looks sleek, modern, and cool. The Audio-Technica ATH-M40x is a beauty. Not only does it look great but the performance is pretty good for the price. You can find this set for under a $100 bucks but this headset has some good features. I would say it is the perfect balance of sound quality. It has good bass and the middles and highs are pretty decent too, not bad sound clarity at all. So far it feels very durable and the materials seem top notch. I've been wearing these daily for my mixing and I'm always comfortable at the end of the night.""If you are in need of DJ headphones that are under $100, you should consider trying out the Audio-Technica ATH-M40x for a variety of reasons. It is an award-winning formula that is newly remastered suited for every listener. With a comfortable fit and professional-grade earpad, you are sure to enjoy how amazing it feels to use hours at a time! "
- "I first tried these out thanks to a kind stranger on the E- train who saw me checking them out. I must have looked jealous or something. I ordered a set the same day. Awesome professional quality sound at a price I can afford. Audio-Technica hit a home run on this one. "
- "You really couldn't hope to do much better for a set of headphones at this price point. I can find no fault in the sound quality at all and have been really impressed with the depth and the cleanness of the audio. My one small quibble is that they clamp a little firmly over the ears and can be a little bit uncomfortable to wear if you are using them for an extended period of time. All in all though, I am satisfied with this purchase and love the way that audio sounds when played through these headphones."
- "I own a pair of headphones similiar to these. These look great. I think that the price is just right for a pair of professional studio headphones. The most important thing is good quality sound and comfort when it comes to headphones. These look like they get the job done.""I love that the ear cups conform to my ears, allowing for great sound quality without any diminishment. This sound quality allows for better music production and mixing, as I am able to hear every single beat/sound made."