This solution is ranked
in What are the best HDMI streaming media playersRead user opinions
in What are the best resources to get free cable TVRead user opinions
in What are the best smart home gadgets for under 100Read user opinions
in What are the best streaming sticks to use with a projectorRead user opinions
in What are the best video streaming sticksRead user opinions
in What are the best Cyber Monday deals on media streaming devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best Tech gifts for under 100 dollarsRead user opinions
in What are the best Amazon Alexa compatible devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best media players for TVRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix adaptersRead user opinions
in What are the best devices to watch Netflix on TVsRead user opinions
in What are the best video streaming devices for TVRead user opinions
in What are the best wireless media streamers for TVRead user opinions
in What are the best streaming devices for DIRECTV NOWRead user opinions
in What are the best streaming devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best streaming TV devices with browserRead user opinions
in What are the best media streaming boxesRead user opinions
in What are the best devices for streaming video from PC to TVRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix streaming hardwareRead user opinions
in What are the best products to watch out for this Amazon Prime DayRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix streaming devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best media streaming devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best devices for a smart homeRead user opinions
in What are the best and fastest streaming media playersRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix adapter for TVsRead user opinions
in What are the best media streamers with Hard DriveRead user opinions
in What are the best tech gadgets under 150 dollarsRead user opinions
in What are the best media streamersRead user opinions
in What are the best Black Friday dealsRead user opinions
in What are the best Valentine's Day ideas for him and for herRead user opinions
What the community says about Amazon Fire TV Stick
- "This streaming stick seems to have it all. You are able to use it in the TV and with a projector as well. It has all of your entertainment needs. It's neat that it comes with an Alexa Voice Remote as well. That makes it even more convenient because all you have to do is activate it through your remote and there you go it is projected onto the screen.""If your projector is 4k (and you want to view in 4k) and does not have audio out, then it will be tough. You will need a switch/splitter, so you can send digital audio to the AVR. There are HDCP compliant HDMI2.0b switches for under $50. I am trying this and not having luck. The switch splits audio to toslink, which goes to the AV receiver. Audio will not arrive if the firestick display is set to 4k. Am working with switch company support. Amazon had no interest in solving it. One post on avforums said that the switch was not able to decode the audio. However, the toslink port is not subject HDCP protection. Oh well, who knows??? Can't find anyone online who has gotten this to work."
- "If you don't have the Fire Stick with Alexa Voice remote yet, go get yourself one!!! It is super fun to play with the remote, there are games, music, information. Alexa will tell you football scores, the temperature, etc. I love the instant rewind and fast forward features where I can have the show move to any time I want it to instantly. If you do have the Fire Stick with Alexa, get one for your friends! They'll love it and it is super affordable. I think they're 39.99 regular price. I got a couple on Black Friday for 24.99 each. Score!""Ditch the cable! I love the Fire TV Stick so much. There are so many apps you can download which has old and new movies/tv shows. With the Alexa Voice Remote, you can speak into it and ask to rewind or fast forward the movie.I was also able to make a purchase on Amazon just by speaking into the remote. The best thing is the price. It is definitely worth it because you'll save on cable."
- "The Amazon Fire TV stick is an inexpensive streaming device that will give you access to a huge number of TV shows and movies. It will also run a large selection of apps on your television as well. My favorite part of the Fire TV stick is that I can use the included remote to access Alexa which is my favorite of all of the online assistants."
- "The Fire Stick is a great way to stream movies and tv shows. It uses the Alexa assistant so communicating is very easy.You can use it even if you don't have cable with a subscription to something like DirectTV or Slingbox. An easy to use remote is also included. "
- "Earlier this month, my TV entertainment included Dish 200+ channel satellite TV, 20Mbps turbo internet, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. After doing some research, I bought 3 Amazon Fire Sticks with the voice remote, cancelled Dish, upgraded to 30Mbps internet, added Sling 25 channels, added standard Hulu, and CBS All Access. Guess who still gets 96+% of the channels watched, added Prime Music and several hundred shows (that networks don't play) to all the TVs in the house, and saved over $700 per year compared to what I paid this past year? I did. I never thought of "cutting the cord" until I really looked into it all. Getting Amazon Fire Sticks are worth it and they work well....and once you get used to knowing what show plays where, it's a no-brainer. Just like how you originally had to figure out how to use a smart phone back in the day. After a while, it's a breeze. I highly recommend everything I listed in this review. Seriously....take a couple hours and make a spread-sheet listing the must-have shows that people in your household watch. Then make a comparison to what's available on the streaming services. If you're like me, and you don't watch 80% of the channels you pay for, it's so worth it.""The Amazon Fire Stick is an amazing device. Television services are moving away from cable and satellite and are moving toward internet based streaming formats. These internet based services work from apps (software packets) and the AFS (Amazon Fire Stick) provides you with these apps. In fact, it provides you with every kind of app you can think of and the AFS does it at an affordable price. The AFS plugs into the HDMI jack on your television and also comes with a power adapter that plugs into the wall. The AFS is controlled by a remote control that comes with the device. In order to receive signals, the AFS requires WIFI or a local hot spot with speed requirements of around 5 Mbps for HD broadcasts. Movies and shows displayed by the device are typically in HD quality with good picture and sound quality. It is easy to set up and use and I was up and running in minutes."
- "I love this device. Not only does it have the capabilities to stream the programs I want, but the Alexa feature makes it really easy to use as well. The price is reasonable too. I think that this is something that makes watching and looking for movies and tv shows easier."
- "This device is so easy to use because you just simply plug it into your TV then you are good to go. With this device you can definitely watch DirecTV Now, Netflix and other streaming services. And yeah based on my experience this new version is faster than the old one "
- "I love my Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote. It's incredibly easy to use and lets me stream all of my favorite shows. And in particular, the voice search does a great job and makes my life even easier. ""I love this Fire Stick because I can easily control my TV, online streaming, and Netflix with just this one little device. I even recommended it to so many friends who ended up getting one too!""The fire stick is great for many uses. It's nice to have it over cable and some other competitors. I do like the HDTV that comes with it. Some don't provide that."
- "I absolutely love the fire tv stick. I've got 4 of my own on all tv's and I've bought at least 4 more for family and friends. I canceled cable after getting this which saves lots of money. If you are someone who is not home all day all you need is this, it has all of the shows and you can run your other apps on it like netflix, hbo."
- "Amazon products always work really well, and this one is no different. I had an older version of the Fire TV stick that I liked, but this one uses Alexa and works wonders. It's kind of fun being able to watch TV just by talking and without clicking around too much."
- "I have a four year old daughter at home who loves shows on Netflix such as My Little Pony. Before we got the Alexa Remote, I had to always help her set up the TV to watch a show. This system is incredibly intuitive and is usable even by my four year old. I love the added benefit of not having to be responsible for setting up her shows. "
- #10 of 12
in What are the best media streamers"I love the Fire TV Stick and use it every day to stream Amazon Prime shows but also Hulu and Netflix. Now, the voice search is really good but it's not flawless, for it sometimes doesn't include stuff on other apps like Netflix and Hulu, but overall, it's not bad."