This solution is ranked
in What are the best wearable devices for swimmingRead user opinions
in What are the best swimming trackersRead user opinions
in What are the best smartwatches for bikingRead user opinions
in What are the best wearable devices for water poloRead user opinions
in What are the best rain and splash-proof activity trackersRead user opinions
in What are the best fitness trackers for cyclistsRead user opinions
in What are the best fitness wearablesRead user opinions
in What are the best wearable fitness trackers with gpsRead user opinions
in What are the best wearable devices for fishingRead user opinions
in What are the best smartwatches for fitnessRead user opinions
in What are the best smartwatches with up to 24h battery durationRead user opinions
in What are the best affordable GPS watchesRead user opinions
in What are the best small band sizes smartwatchesRead user opinions
in What are the best smartwatches for swimmingRead user opinions
in What are the best wearable devices for surfingRead user opinions
in What are the best wearable devices for cyclingRead user opinions
in What are the best workout tracking devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best GPS watches under $250Read user opinions
in What are the best smart sports watches without heart rate monitorRead user opinions
in What are the best waterproof wearable devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best swim trackersRead user opinions
in What are the best fitness and activity trackersRead user opinions
in What are the best activity trackers with radio transceiverRead user opinions
in What are the best wireless fitness trackersRead user opinions
in What are the best 100 to 200 dollars wearable devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best budget smartwatchesRead user opinions
in What are the best smartwatches for runningRead user opinions
in What are the best water-resistant wearable devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best fitness monitoring devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best wearable devices for golfRead user opinions
in What are the best fitness bands with clockRead user opinions
in What are the best healthcare tech-wearables for a healthy lifestyleRead user opinions
in What are the best wearable devices for tennisRead user opinions
in What are the best fitness tracker gadgetsRead user opinions
in What are the best fitness trackers without plasticRead user opinions
in What are the best rated activity trackersRead user opinions
in What are the best Bluetooth fitness trackersRead user opinions
in What are the best smartwatches with GPS onboard to navigateRead user opinions
in What are the best sport smart watches 2018Read user opinions
in What are the best fitness trackers for swimmersRead user opinions
in What are the best waterproof fitness trackersRead user opinions
in What are the best new smartwatchesRead user opinions
in What are the best Android Wear SmartwatchesRead user opinions
in What are the best fitness trackersRead user opinions
What the community says about Garmin vívoactive
- "This watch does a lot of things, but you really can't use any of them at the same time, which kind of defeats the purpose. For example, the watch works as a GPS watch for running, and it also works as a remote control for your music, but you can't use both at the same time. What a complete waste!!!!! I bought this to replace a 6 year old Garmin Forerunner that no longer holds a charge. As a GPS watch, this Vivoactive is a nice replacement, since it's close to the same price that I paid for the old watch that didn't do anything extra and took 3 minutes to find a GPS signal (the Vivoactive was only $10 more expensive at $120 and picks up a signal immediately). I have to keep reminding myself of that, since I seem to get angry every time I use the watch and realize that I can't really use any of the other features when I run. Speaking of the music feature, I was really excited to find out that this watch acts as a remote control for your music. This solves my problem of having to hold my phone in my hand on a long run (or hike), or having to constantly pull it out of my waist pouch or yank off my arm band to change songs (or using my wireless headphones and accidentally pulling them out of my ear). I read that this feature worked well for Android phones but was limited on iPhones, only working for iTunes but not for apps like Spotify. I am happy to report that it DOES WORK FOR SPOTIFY!!!! on the iPhone. The biggest let down though, is that if you are using one of the fitness apps (like you are on a run, and have the run app going so you can see your time, distance and speed), you can't scroll out of the running screen to change your music (major fail- completely defeats the purpose for me).""The Garmin Vivoactive is a smartwatch with built-in sports apps, including GPS-enabled running, biking and golfing plus swimming and activity tracking. The built-in sports apps, including GPS-enabled running, biking and golfing plus swimming and activity tracking, let you view your stats even when away from your phone."
- "I am an avid biker and gym rat and I have found the best smartwatch for the person looking to fine tune their workouts. The Garmin vívoactive Black is a stylish and very functional smartwatch that basically does everything. Of course, with Garmin you know it is going to be quality which is second to none. Some of the features include GPS running and biking stats and the touchscreen is really functional. Two thumbs up! "
- "As a "watch", it's passable, but not the greatest. As an activity tracker, it's miles ahead of other "all-in-one" devices, because it focuses on activities, and telling time. In this way, it's pretty tremendous. It seems fairly water-proof, but I haven't had the opportunity to try that out. It seemed fine after taking a bit of rain."
- "This is a really good choice for a fitness wearable. It has all the fucntions you need to keep track of your goals and how much you've done. It also has a nice simple design that I think is perfect for its use."
- "Have discovered the watch will charge faster when using a USB 3 port, 29% to 100% in under 90 mins. Took a little trial and error to work out which cycling data screens to select and use auto scroll while riding. Auto sync via Nexus 5 to Connect and auto sync to Strava is awesome, much better than using the Edge 500 and having to manually connect and sync. GPS and battery consumption is exactly as described. After 3 cycling sessions of 4 hours total, 1/2 hour of yard work GPS on, 24 hours of step and sleep tracking battery, lots of screen swiping and backlight use it was down from 100% to 32%. Display while riding was easily readable for the numbers like speed, HR etc, but the text description of the data line was tiny and for me unreadable while riding, luckily I know what they are eg. page 1 = HR, Speed, Distance, page 2 = Time, Elevation, Cadence, but Garmin should make the text bigger."
- "The Garmin vívoactive is one of the nicest smart watches i've ever used. It's super handy when i'm out on my morning runs or when I decide to take a dip in the pool. One of the most useful features is the GPS integration which I use all the time to track my runs. I love this watch!"
- "I bought this watch and was very pleased with my purchase. I even used it during my tennis match where I was soaked in sweat and it held up well. I also used it while running and biking and was pleased it was able to track my mileage accurately and synched with my computer. I used it to even track the quality of sleep I was getting. It has a pleasant color touchscreen and the battery lasted 2.5 weeks without charging!"
- "Play harder, work smarter, live better with vívoactive. Built-in sports apps keep you active while smart notifications allow you to stay in contact with pressing work matters — all so you can keep your life in balance. The high-resolution, color touchscreen stays readable in direct sunlight, so you can view your stats when you step out of the office for a run. The ultra-thin profile — 8 mm — is comfortable to wear all day and can easily transition from office to golf course. You won’t have to worry about vívoactive keeping up with your active days. The rechargeable battery lasts through all your activities with up to 3 weeks5 in watch/activity-tracking mode or up to 10 hours using GPS"
- "As a swimmer, this is pretty handy. Sometimes, after having to do so many laps for training, I lose count of how many I've done. Further, I'm always looking for ways to improve my time, and this watch lets me know how many strokes per lap I'm taking letting me know if I need to improve, depending on the length of the race. Best thing is that I can wear while I'm actually swimming. "
- "This is an interesting alternative to the Fitbit products, which are arguably the big dogs in fitness wear. The screen on this is large and gorgeous and it tracks other activities besides walking - such as running, biking, golfing, and swimming. Yes, you can swim with it. It even has an app ecosystem and is customizable. Overall, a very strong contender in this crowded market."
- "I bought the Garmin Vivoactive a while ago and it has really served me well. I have not had any issues with it to this point. I like that it has a lot of features and functionalities."
- "Ok honestly it's hard for me to get past the brand but it's totally worth a shot. You'll save a lot of money with all the bells and whistles of a similar product. Give Garmin a chance for this price for sure. Sunlight readable! I never thought that was a big deal until I was at the pool all last summer with my daughter and couldn't see anything on my devices.""There are a number of Vivoactive models. The solution did not specify a model. The Vivoactive 3 is a much better model than the Vivoactive HR. The HR was very boxlike, quite bulky and did not have the updated good looks and use of the 3. Overall the models perform well and have above average reviews making it a good competitor to the Apple and Fitbit "
- "The Garmin vivoactive is AMAZING. This fitness tracker can do everything it seems! Not only does it show your stats for workouts,runs,walks, whatever, it can also show you the weather! You can see your stats even when you are away from your phone, which is very important since you may not be able to have your phone with you on a long run or long walk. This could be a game changer for people trying to get healthier!"
There are no comments yet!
- "I think this is a good solution for the topic. It is a watch that has a lot of features related to health, exercise, and sport. I have heard from my friends that have watches like this that they are very nice to have, so I think this would be a good product to own. It also has good reviews, with 4.0 stars out of 5. "
- "The Garmin vívoactive is one of the best wearable devices that money can buy if you need it for tennis and other sports activities. The Garmin vívoactive come pre-installed with a variety of sports apps, including for tennis, so you will be ready to go right away. This is definitely an amazing device! "
- "I need a smart watch with tracking features for specific sports, not just fitness and daily lifestyle. This Garmin watch is great because it includes several sports I participate in, including running, biking, and swimming. I like the style, and it is highly rated. I plan to purchase this watch!"
- "Garmin vívoactive is the perfect balance of practical, useful hardware along with easy to use interface and lightweight design. The balance works well that allows users to easily monitor activity and work with data. I think it is best for swimming with waterproof case and sleek design to minimize drag in water."
- "The Garmin vivoactive is basically an an activity tracker with a few smartwatch features. It's not a tri watch, but can collect some tri data. The workout trackers do what they're supposed to -Tracks steps, sleep, etc like an activity tracker should -Uploads workouts to Garmin Connect. Some limits are that there is no multisport (triathlon) mode to click a button for the next sport -No Open Water Swim mode. "
- "Garmin is my go-to when it comes to tracking my steps and miles on the bike. It is intuitive, easy to use and comes with great software that is less clunky than most. I use it daily and I have yet to have any issues. It is a lot better than the other brands like fitbit, in my opinion."
- #43 of 113
in What are the best fitness trackers"The Garmin vivoactive is great! I love this for tracking my new fitness regimen. This has been a huge help for me! I use this every day, and its thin design, light weight, and powerful features are a big help. I have no complaints at all, and you won't either - an excellent buy!""The Garmin is nice because it gives you options for different types of activities. It helps you keep track of a lot more than just your steps."