This solution is ranked
in What are the best HP laptops with 750GB internal hard driveRead user opinions
in What are the best HP notebooksRead user opinions
in What are the best pavilion laptops with up to 1-5 ghz cpu speedRead user opinions
in What are the best pavilion laptops with 750 gb internal hard driveRead user opinions
in What are the best Pavilion laptops with HD video playback deviceRead user opinions
in What are the best pavilion laptops with 6 gb ramRead user opinions
in What are the best Pavilion laptops with ATI RadeonRead user opinions
in What are the best Intel Core i5 processorsRead user opinions
in What are the best 17 inch laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best laptops for Visual StudioRead user opinions
What the community says about HP Pavilion dv7-4280us
- "I was in need of 750 GB Laptop, and the HP Pavilion dv7-4280us works perfectly for what I was looking for. It is a 17.3-Inch notebook computer. It is equipped with a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5-480M Processor and has an AMD Radeon HD 6550M coprocessor. It's just what I need. "
- "I purchased the HP Pavilion dv7-4280us on Friday, Feb. 25th at Ultimate Electronics (Amazon was cheaper, but I didn't want to wait for shipping). My goal was to purchase a new gaming laptop that also doubles as a portable Blu-ray player. The 4280 indeed fits this nicely. I play Sims 3 Late Night and wanted extra muscle in terms of the video graphics for future games. If your budget is $1,000 and you want a gaming/entertainment laptop, the dv7-4280us should merit serious thought. I gave it 4 stars only because I don't give out 5 stars."
- "I generally like the HP brand so I thought I would give this one a go. I wanted something with HD video playback but the video didn't look much different than my former laptop. That being said there was nothing wrong with the video quality and at this price point you really can't go wrong. Battery life was decent although I usually keep it plugged in most of the time but when I did use it without it being plugged in it stayed charged a good 6 1/2 hours at least. A decent little computer for doing basic stuff but if playing videos is your main concern there are probably better out there."
- "I needed a laptop with a decent amount of RAM for my job and have found this to be a pretty decent purchase. The processor is quick, I have no problem opening everything I need to and haven't noticed it slowing down when I do. I really like the fingerprint scanner and the blu ray player and Beats audio is a nice touch. The only thing I don't like is the touchpad. It's finicky and difficult to use but have bypassed it with a wireless mouse."
- #14 of 14
in What are the best 17 inch laptops"I had been working on a 15 inch laptop and really wanted a bigger screen now that I'm out of college and don't have to drag my laptop everywhere. I also didn't have a fortune to spend on a new machine so I compromised and went with this HP. It is adequate for getting work done and playing games that are not very demanding. In short it works for what I need right now but will probably upgrade to a higher end machine at some point."
- "I just opened a Visual Studio and the first purchase I made was the HP Pavilion dv7-4280us. The screen allows me better visibility on my projects and the processor allows the computer to keep up with my mind. And, the processor has a backup. I have a whole crew of employees I only had to pay once!"