This solution is ranked
in What are the best msi laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best MSI laptops with 17 inch to 17.9-inch display sizeRead user opinions
in What are the best MSI laptops with Blu-ray writerRead user opinions
in What are the best msi laptops with 1 tb internal hard driveRead user opinions
in What are the best MSI laptops with NVIDIA GeForceRead user opinions
in What are the best MSI laptops with HD video recordingRead user opinions
in What are the best MSI laptops with DVD driveRead user opinions
in What are the best MSI laptops with M.2 cardsRead user opinions
in What are the best MSI laptops with hybrid driveRead user opinions
in What are the best gaming laptops money can buyRead user opinions
in What are the best MSI laptops with 802.11ac 2.4 or 5 GHz wireless adaptorsRead user opinions
in What are the best MSI gaming laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best thin gaming laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best MSI laptops with 2.1-2.5 GHz CPU speedRead user opinions
in What are the best MSI laptops with HD video playback deviceRead user opinions
in What are the best laptops for meRead user opinions
in What are the best MSI laptops with Intel Core i7 processorRead user opinions
in What are the best gaming laptops everRead user opinions
What the community says about MSI GT72 Dominator G-831
- #1 of 46
in What are the best msi laptops"This laptop is a powerhouse. It has a total of 16 GB of hard core RAM and a 17.3 inch screen with anti-glare included. It also has an Intel Core i7-4710HQ (2.5GHz, 6MB Cache) processor. It's fast, lightweight and produces excellent sound. A worth it purchase."
- "If your only concern is having a screen with 17 inch to 17.9-inch display size, maybe you should go a little bit lower than MSI GT72 Dominator G-831. It is a great laptop but the greatness also comes with an expensive price. You will enjoy the high quality graphics while playing games with this laptop though."
There are no comments yet!
- "This thing is really powerful, so let's just get that out of the way. I thought it would be fast and it was faster than expected but I also had some problems with overheating. I fixed mine with a cooling pad but just know to expect that and you'll be fine. The only other problem is the price, it is fast so you should expect to pay more, but it seems to still be at least $300 more than it should cost given the specs.""The Dominator MSI laptop has a great DVD drive. It's actually a DVD SuperMulti drive and it really burns quickly and has no lag in watching DVDs. This is a nice gaming laptop and no lag time was seen when I tested it for one week. I enjoyed playing Minecraft on this machine."
- "I really am glad I got this. It makes playing games on the go very enjoyable. Before if I wanted to play games I felt tied to my home computer and didn't feel I would get the same gaming experience with a laptop. While it's true that it is not the exact gaming experience this is probably the closest you will get while using a laptop instead of a desktop. The fact that I've been able to play games on the go and while on vacation has been fantastic. The processing speed is down right fast and you can tell they made this with gaming in mind."
- "Holy cow! This thing blew my socks off. I am stunned by the power that's contained in this little machine. Certainly the best purchase I made last year. This blazes through games my old desktop couldn't even handle."
- "I love this laptop, as it provides a great gaming platform that I can easily travel with and doesn't take up much space. On top of that the RGB styling makes it very visually appealing and sleek looking. The specs on this laptop are bound to be better than most of my friends gaming towers.""Solid performer, though I find the 2.5ghz processor a little lacking, despite it being an i7. Good performer otherwise, and will get just about any job done. Not too sure of super hi rez gaming. But most games should have no issue running fine on this machine. "
- "They call this dominator and that's what it should do for $2300. It's not bad, but it doesn't dominate. I like that it is fairly thin at just under two inches thick and it's pretty snappy, which is what you need for the high intensive graphics in games today. I'd say it's serviceable, but definitely not dominating."
- "All right. This is a TOP OF THE LINE Gaming computer. Incredibly fast which is what every gamer wants in a computer. It comes with no extra's however. The price is $3K so should have a complete package. Perhaps they'll update. It does have a trackpad but does not come with a mouse. "
- "Overall this is a great performing laptop that rivals my 6600k/GTX 970 desktop for speed in games, but the display issue is really bugging me. If I had time and didn't need to use the laptop right away I would likely have returned it for a replacement because this kind of light bleed doesn't belong on a $2000 model. IPS glow is one thing, this is on a whole different level."
- "That laptop is a beast! Unfortunately, so is its pricetag. My advice is, this laptop is not for everyone. If you're just a gaming enthusiast, buy (or build!) a PC. You'll get vastly more bang for your buck. When I was in college, I had a custom gaming PC and a "satellite" laptop, which was very cheap, just for taking to classes. Also bear in mind, this is a 17.3" screen - this laptop is huge, and very unwieldy. I should know - mine is fine in a car, or on a desk, but it's big and heavy and I couldn't walk with it, certainly. This laptop is pretty good, but know what you're buying!"