This solution is ranked
in What are the best pc speakers under 350Read user opinions
in What are the best dual HDMI docking stations for laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best laptop universal docking stationsRead user opinions
in What are the best Thunderbolt laptop docking stationsRead user opinions
in What are the best HDMI to USB adaptersRead user opinions
in What are the best plugable Thunderbolt 3 docking stationsRead user opinions
in What are the best docking stations for ASUS laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best docking stations for Dell laptopsRead user opinions
What the community says about Plugable UD-3900
- "Works great! I use this with my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 as a "home base." All the reviews pointed me in this direction rather than the official Microsoft Surface dock, and I'm glad I went this way. Plugged into this docking station I have two external widescreen monitors (one running HDMI to HDMI, the other DVI to DVI, both at 1920x1080 - no discernible difference between the two monitors), wired ethernet, another USB 2.0 4-port hub to connect non-power-sucking peripherals (keyboard, mouse, card reader), audio out, and a USB 3.0 card reader. A single USB 3.0 plug runs to my Surface to lasso all of this together. When I want to leave the house with my tablet, I unplug it and run. When I come back and want to work at my desktablet "workstation," I plug it back in and everything magically works. Can't imagine living a mobile lifestyle without this. ""Plug-able USB 3.0 is a docking station for Windows that is universal in nature so it can accommodate most Windows machines. It substitutes the need for a power brick, and it hooks right into the USB port of your device. And not just one device, but many. Highly convenient! I can't wait until wireless charging becomes a thing, but until then this works great. Highly recommend (and it looks good)! ""While this device is useful and does have a headphone jack, it is not a pc speaker. You can't use this to replace your laptop/pc speakers. It can however, be used if you ever need to connect multiple monitors or other devices."
- "The best docking station I've used, and it uses USB 3.0 which is so much faster than my previous rechargers. Best thing is I can take it with me on business trips and it's durable enough to withstand the occasional fall to the floor. I couldn't live without it!"
- "I would agree thatt this is the best solution. At first i want sure if it would work for thunderbolt but it does say its universal so it very well should. This product is reasonably priced and has good reviews so i would say it is your best option."
- "This thing works pretty good. I don't have any input lag or anything. I use this for multiple monitors and it seems fine with me. I have a bit of an issue with the design of the thing, it kind of sits weird to me with all the cables coming out the back like it does, and some in the front (which is annoying), but it's fine."
- "I'm not quite sure what the point of this product is. I mean, I know what docking stations are for, but this one is really flimsy. Light and thin; I'm almost afraid to touch the laptop when I put it on the docking station. It comes with a carrying case, so my best guess is they think this can be something you carry with you, but we're back to how easy it seems like it could be broken. And it's powered by USB, which just drains the battery on the laptop down some more. I wish that were reversed, that I could plug the station in and power the laptop from it, rather than the other way around. Not a fan of this gadget, I have to say.""I'm quite pleased with this docking station from ASUS. I didn't really know how much use I'd get out of it, but at a very reasonable price I took a chance and have been really pleased with the results. It's got ports for everything I need, I've had no compatibility problems, and as I said I felt the price was really good. If I had to decide on this purchase again I wouldn't hesitate to choose this same docking station.""This listing does not make specific mention of Asus laptops in its supported models, but this does seem like a fairly useful universal dock. The features it includes are fairly standard and should suit the needs of most laptop users. The price is not especially cheap, but still affordable for this type of product. I wish it was an official Asus product, so I knew that it would work for my needs though."