This solution is ranked
in What are the best Netflix set top boxesRead user opinions
in What are the best tech accessories under 200 US dollarsRead user opinions
in What are the best Roku streaming sticksRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix streaming devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix device for TVsRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix view devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix TV boxesRead user opinions
in What are the best Wi-Fi Netflix playersRead user opinions
in What are the best media players Netflix streamingRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best devices to connect TVs to NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best media players for NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix adapter for TVsRead user opinions
in What are the best Rokus for NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best media players for PlexRead user opinions
in What are the best set-top boxesRead user opinions
in What are the best portable Netflix playersRead user opinions
in What are the best streaming devices for DIRECTV NOWRead user opinions
in What are the best Cyber Monday deals on media streaming devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix-enabled devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix top boxesRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix media streamersRead user opinions
in What are the best movie streaming devices for NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix dongles for TVsRead user opinions
in What are the best devices with Netflix streamingRead user opinions
in What are the best boxes for TVs to get NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix on my TVsRead user opinions
in What are the best devices that can stream NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best resources to watch Portuguese channelsRead user opinions
in What are the best streaming devicesRead user opinions
in What are the best and fastest streaming media playersRead user opinions
in What are the best devices to get NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best tech giftsRead user opinions
What the community says about Roku 4
- "Just recently, I bought the Roku 4. It is great for viewing Netflix and other streaming services. wesome product. The picture quality is superb. I actually replaced my twc box with this because it has the twc app and it works better than the cable box. It has all the the major networks except abc. The games are ok. I think Apple TV has better games. But roku has better streaming features. The roku app serves as my control from my phone and the earphone remote is very useful.""Roku are one of a number of brands that make these types of streaming set top boxes. This is one of the better known and more popular brands though. User reviews are quite favorable, and this is a great choice for anyone looking to stream media in their home. This supports Netflix, as well as most other popular streaming services and apps."
- "You can't go wrong with the Roku. I've used most of the other big name brand streaming devices, but none offer the flexibility of the Roku. You are so tied down by the other companies on which apps you can download, and what content you can stream, it makes them very unwieldy. The roku has so many user made apps that work with it to stream almost any type of media, video, music, photos, live or otherwise. This product is great, and decently priced for the features. "
- "Look, I understand the hype around Roku, but there are so many better options out there. If you're looking for Netflix devices for your television, I'd go with the Amazon Firestick or the Google Chromecast before I'd ever touch anything with a Roku label. If you're married to the idea of getting a Roku, the 4 is probably your best option in the line, but I'd skip it overall and go with another brand."
- "The Roku is great for streaming netflix and other content. I'm really glad I got one a few years back, but I will say they can run kind of hot, so get an additional fan setup off amazon and something to raise the device up a little to allow for airflow."
- "I've had a few TV boxes over the years, and the Roku is definitely my favorite. Super simple to use and a really sleek interface with endless channels. Using Netflix with it is a breeze and since I bought this thing, I've used it for practically 100% of my TV/movie needs.""The roku 4 is one of the best netflix devices on the market. I couldn't be happier with my purchase of the roku 4 for all my netflix watching needs."
- "I love my Roku Premiere, but please stay away from the Roku 4. It worked well for the first few months, but then it just died on me. Wouldn't power up. Nothing. I tried swapping power supplies, I tried holding the button down. Everything. I exhausted all avenues and the thing just wouldn't work. Customer support wasn't very helpful either. "
- "The Roku Ultra is small and very easy to use and set up. I have used Roku for years without any problems. I like the remote finder on this one because I am always misplacing my remote and this one has a button right on the unit that you click. Great benefit to have. Would definitely recommend it to someone who is looking to stream service and get rid of cable."
- "The Roku 4 is one of the best devices for connecting my TV to Netflix. It's not the cheapest method out there, but it's worth considering this model as it's an upgrade over previous models (though, admittedly, there are newer versions still that may be preferable). The Roku 4 is very fast, rarely skips or buffers, and streams in 4K quality. I also like the remote, which is another perk that makes this device better than the Chromecast, for example."
- "I love my Roku! The Roku 4 is a fantastic smart-TV streaming box. I bought it for Netflix alone, but there is so much more to it! The apps are fantastic. The interface is smooth and fast, pleasant to use. It supports fantastic streaming apps such as Plex Media Server. This is absolutely a must-have for someone interested in "cord cutting" or wanting to move into the smart-TV world."
- "Super easy to use interface and very easy to set up as well. You get access to just about any streaming channel you could want, with high quality video and sound. Past Roku's have had issues with occasional software glitches, but I haven't had any with this one. It does run pretty hot, though there are some simple fixes if you search for them.""The Roku 4 is a great device to watch tv shows, movies, and even Netflix. It has its own remote control to make navigating easy and allows access to TONS of content!"
- "I feel like you would be better off just connecting Netflix to a smart TV, but Roku will get the job done just as well. And it is perhaps more affordable if you don't want to buy a brand new TV just yet. Also, the remote finding feature comes in handy. Who hasn't lost their remote at some point?""The Roku has been my preferred service for a while, and this version has made everything even better. Especially with children around, the finder is a great touch! I can't imagine going back."
- "This is a great way to watch Netflix and to stream other services. It has advanced features such as voice search and a way to find a lost remote. It has thousands of potential channels in HD and is fairly affordable. The interface isn't as easy as apple TV or other devices but for most tech savvy people this should be a great investment"
- "The Roku 4 worked fine I am happy with it overall. I wanted a 4k streaming device that supported multi-channel audio. I also wanted a platform that had the widest range of compatibility, so the Roku 4 fit the bill. The menu and controls were more responsive than my smartTV"
- "This is one of the easiest to use streaming devices out there I've found. I've always had a good experience with roku, and my mother has no issues using it. She's not very tech advanced, so this is always how I can tell if a product is easy to use! The remote finder has definitely come into use in our house."
- "I wanted to get my brother a killer present for his birthday. I know his streaming device is getting old so I wanted to find him the best streaming device I could find to give him as a present. After some investigating I found the Roku 4 Media Player and was extremely impressed. The device comes with access to more than 2500 streaming channels and has all the amazing features of a new age streaming device. My brother is going to lose his mind when he opens his birthday present."
- "Roku media player bring s a whole host of great features in a very easy to use app. It couldn't be smoother and easier to use. I love that you can save your favorites into easy to use lists and I love the different types of media that you can stream using it. It is nice and compact and stays out of the way. The connectivity has been compared to others in my experience."
- #57 of 169
in What are the best tech gifts"Always a good gift to give is tech. My brother was the lucky one as I bought him the Roku 4 HD for his new tv. He is super happy to be able to access so much media to stream. There is always something on to watch. It was easy to hook up and works great. No fuss to get it going and enjoy watching programs."