This solution is ranked
in What are the best Blu-ray with WiFi and Netflix systemsRead user opinions
in What are the best Blu-ray players with built-in NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best DVDs with NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best Blu-rays with Netflix and HuluRead user opinions
in What are the best Sony Blu-ray players with NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best Blu-ray players with Netflix and HuluRead user opinions
in What are the best Blu-ray DVD players with NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best Blu-rays and NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best Blu-ray players with WiFi, Netflix, and HuluRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix-ready Blu-ray players with WiFiRead user opinions
in What are the best Blu-ray devices compatible with NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix-ready Blu-ray playersRead user opinions
in What are the best DVD players that plays NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best smart DVD players with NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix through Blu-ray playersRead user opinions
in What are the best Blu-ray players with built-in WiFi and NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best Blu-ray players that can stream NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best DVD players with Netflix and HuluRead user opinions
in What are the best Blu-ray players to watch NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best Blu-ray players for NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best smart Blu-ray players with NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best Blu-ray playersRead user opinions
What the community says about Sony BDPS6500
- "The device operates quickly, with little lag while navigating menus or launching apps. Pros: Nice Picture Quality Great Audio Quality Small Footprint Netflix plays back with stunning quality (when in HD) – no buffering Cons: Problems playing .mp4 files on data discs DNLA is temperamental Sometimes loses internet connection when not used for days""This Sony BDPS6500 was a pretty good buy and had all the features I was looking for. However, there was a better one with newer features on it that I wish I had bought."
- "This compact blu-ray player is a nice fit for any entertainment center, with 3 hdmi inputs, component and a usb port. The Wi-Fi connected fast and updates were a breeze. The blu-ray discs loaded perfectly fine and if your TV supports 4K, this player will even upscale the resolution to match. The included Apps are encompassing and support for them seems adequate for years to come."
- "It is kind of old now. I mainly use it for streaming. It is quirky. Not a feature I look for in my electronics. Picture quality is great - when it works. It seems to have a memory problem - I can relate - I am quirky with a bad memory at times also. Again, not a feature I want in my devices. If it only had a...memory?"
- "Very sleek design and easy to use for many formats including streaming of shows (Netflix). There are some intermittent issues with it freezing for no apparent reason. This is resolved by rebooting it. Very annoying if in the middle of watching something. When it works, the display is great."
- "I have owned Sony products since the age of tvs with tubes. I trust the quality of Sony products and this player did not disappoint. The picture quality was fabulous as was the sound. Even the set up was not very complicated. I have had absolutely no problems with the streaming features and am completely satisfied with my purchase."
- "A good player, but probably not worth the Sony premium. There's nothing bad about this Blu-ray player per se, but you can probably find a comparable player for less money (or a better player for the same money). Please note: this is not a 4k player, but it will upscale Blu-rays to 4k. And they look pretty good. My main gripe is that I can't figure how to stream Netflix in 4k."
- "I've always been a fan of Sony so I really wanted to love this blu-ray player. Unfortunately the whole experience was sort of like vanilla ice cream, not bad but no wow factor. It did what I wanted which stream netflix but not as fast or with the picture quality I've had with other devices. It was just okay on both quality and performance. For the price they are asking I want something more than just okay for my blu-ray needs. ""This Blu-ray is a little bit of a mixed bag for me. The actually picture quality and streaming quality are very high for the BDPS6500. Now onto the bad - the setup process is terrible. I learned the hard way that you HAVE to connect to the internet first and install the hardware. Also, the whole device is just kind of cheap looking and feeling. If you can get past those couple of things - go for it! "
- "This player offers some interesting features that are sure to please many. With built in wifi which allows streaming, this player can also allow playback and PS3 games without the console. This device will upscale your video to almost 4k quality and also allow viewing of external content of a smart device connected to the TV, This player should satisfy the needs of the average consumer. "
- "A lot of people would say it's hard to beat Sony when it comes to Blu-ray players. This one even has 4k upscaling and 3D capabilities making this a well rounded system. The Dolby system audio is also a great touch. If you are looking for a player that you can watch Netflix on, and will give you a good picture this is a great option I think. "
- "This small and sleek blu ray player is a perfect fit for my bed room entertainment center. It has plenty of ports, a usb 3.0 port on the front, 2 HDMI ports for multiple inputs, and an ethernet port if you want a wired internet connection. The player can upscale my blu ray movies to 4k resolution and the image quality is vibrant and crisp to view. Screen mirroring is supported for android devices and from what I test on my phone, the connection was easy and smooth."
- #15 of 18
in What are the best Blu-ray players