This solution is ranked
in What are the best Sony laptops with 4GB RAMRead user opinions
in What are the best Sony laptops with 16-inch to 16.9-inch display sizeRead user opinions
in What are the best Sony laptops with CD driveRead user opinions
in What are the best Sony laptops with solid state driveRead user opinions
in What are the best Sony laptops with NVIDIA GeForceRead user opinions
in What are the best Sony laptops with DVD driveRead user opinions
in What are the best Sony laptops with 2.5 GHz and more CPU speedRead user opinions
in What are the best laptops for IT professionalsRead user opinions
in What are the best Sony laptops with Intel Core i7 processorRead user opinions
in What are the best Sony laptops with HD video playback deviceRead user opinions
What the community says about Sony VAIO VPCF114FX
- "While the graphics card and processor are a bit outdated currently, for the price, this thing is a real workhorse! The aesthetics are not exactly stunning, but under the hood you'll find a laptop that would have come at a premium just a couple years ago. Great for light gaming on the go, but don't try to run this year's AAA titles on it, or you will be sorely disappointed.""Sony VAIO Laptop PC VPCF114FX, Intel Core i7 Quad Core up to 2.80Ghz, 128GB SSD Solid State Drive, 4GB DDR3, Nvidia GeForce 512mbs Dedicated Graphics, Backlit Keyboard, Microsoft Office and Windows 10, New Back Lid Cover and Keyboard, New Battery, Excellent Condition, please see the detailed pictures for the cosmetic condition. "
- "Sony VAIO Laptop PC VPCF114FX, Intel Core i7 Quad Core up to 2.80Ghz, 128GB SSD Solid State Drive, 4GB DDR3, Nvidia GeForce 512mbs Dedicated Graphics, Backlit Keyboard, Microsoft Office and Windows 10, New Back Lid Cover and Keyboard, New Battery, Excellent Condition, please see the detailed pictures for the cosmetic condition."
- "I've had this laptop for years and it's still working pretty well for me with light browsing. It's a bit older, but the hardware was really good at the time of manufacture. The build quality is a bit lacking and I had to replace the keyboard, but other than that it runs very well for the time I've had it. It's a bit slower with Windows, but booting into Linux is a great experience."
- "I was in need of an excellent gaming laptop since I do a lot of travel, but am also a serious PC gamer. In my past experience my biggest problem was they'd always be quick to go out-of-date and I'd have to buy a completely new one within a year or two at most. This Sony VAIO, however, is so powerful that it's not only met but exceeded my needs and expectations with it's i7 Quad Core Processor and Nvideo GeForce graphics. I will be doing some serious gaming on this bad boy for quite some time. I couldn't ask for a better laptop on my budget. Great price, great computer."
- "The Sony VAIO VPCF114FX is a bit dated for a laptop. Even though it does come with a 2.80Ghz processor, some of the other features leave little to be desired. In my opinion, you can easily find another laptop with the same processor speed and more up to date hardware in the market at a lower cost."
- "I wanted a smallish PC-based laptop to dual boot Android. Prior to this purchase, I tried several variations, like detatchables and other "flip" designs. I first settled on the Lenovo Yoga 720, which was a beautiful machine. But to my dismay, that machine will not allow you to dual boot into any linux-based operating systems. I spent nearly 2 weeks struggling with various OS installs, like Remix, Phoenix, and the stock Android x86 builds, to no avail. I finally learned through more research that the Raid-0 configuration of the SSD (implemented by Lenovo supposedly to make it run faster?) was incompatible with all Linux based systems. You didn't get an error, it just wouldn't install or run. Add insult to injury, the Lenovo Yoga 720 has NO legacyBIOS support, it is UEFI only. Lenovo claims this is because Microsoft required it of them. Microsoft said "it isn't us". So...Lenovo has some issues to work through on their newer Yoga lines in that regard."
- "Works good for now, really fast, like Mac Pro, and I am still amazed how lightweight it is. I was in doubt whether to buy Vaio or Samsung, since I did not want another Mac. Great display, supposedly is better for your eyes than an LCD screen, and the fact that it has 3 usb ports for such a lightweight laptop is great too. Beautiful design. You can bring it anywhere really."