This solution is ranked
in What are the best LAN party games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best epic battle simulators for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best PC epic strategy gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Age of Empires gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PC RTS games for beginnersRead user opinions
in What are the best tactics gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Building management gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best building gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best empire building PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Real Time Tactics games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best city building games on PCRead user opinions
in What are the best city building games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best video games to playRead user opinions
What the community says about Age of Empires II HD
- "Age of Empires II HD is one of those party games that you just can't put down. Great graphics and gameplay and even better when playing your friends. Definitely worth a look!""I liked this better than Dota and Starcraft. Maybe because of the mideival setting?""I love being able to play with others on the network. Age of Empires II is a thrilling and competitive strategy game great for PC and LAN party challenges.""People still play LAN? I feel like there are so many of these games so it would be hard to play with a group of people in LAN."
- "Age of Empires II reinvigorates the classic game I know and love. Playing it on my widescreen monitor in full HD, diving right into the nostalgia and memories I've missed, was a great experience. The multiplayer support was the best; it's been so long since I could play this game reliably with friends!""For a medieval game this is pretty rad it can make you seat on the edge of your seat with the suspense of whether your preparation is enough to ein or not.""An absolute classic. My favourite by far in the Age of Empires series. Age of Empires I was great, but the second instalment really consolidated the series and I remember back then in the early 2000s, this game dominated the world. My favourite civilisation to play were the Byzantines... the Cataphract was a great unit. Ah, what memories! Anyway, yes, definitely one of the best real time strategy games ever... should be number one on this lisst!""Now this game is great. I have played this before and loved it. It's a very well-known and popular game throughout the community. The fact it's been updated and additions have been made to improve game play make a contender for finding a good RTS to play. Also another RTS with stellar reviews!""Age of Empires 2 was one of the best real time strategy games I have ever played when I was growing up. This wonderfully engaging strategy epic has been remastered with modern sound and graphics so that it can be enjoyed by a new generation. A great price for a great classic."
- "I don't know about you but if my video game doesn't include some epic battle or huge Gladiator style fight then it isn't much of a game. Stuff like Skyrim let's you down with its storyline and the overall quality of the bosses so much you have to install a DLC so you can span 100 dragons and feel like theres really something cool going on. Oh.. that's just me. But regardless Age of Empires II really brings back the feeling of epic fights to the PC war simulator genre and will surely satisfy a need for "epic" immersion. ""Age of Empires II HD is a great example of how re-working a game can really add to the experience. With improved AI, support, multiplayer mode and trading cards, anyone who enjoys battle simulators will find something about the re-vamp that they like."
- "Age of Empires is a classic series with some great gameplay, but if you're looking for the best experience with this series you should wait for the much-anticipated Age of Empires IV.""The cost of the game is too high and the quality is too low for someone looking for the best of the best. The base game has too many expansion packs that get too costly.""This is an HD graphics upgrade to one of the best classic strategy games, Age of Empires 2. Everyone who likes video games should give this game a shot in their life."
- "A new iteration for a well loved and well played game which garnered a loyal following back then. The game used to be a lot of fun and the new version delivers. Everything looks sharper, of course, and has been duly modernized and adapted to 2017 sensibilities, but the core of the game stays the same, with the same attention to details and to smooth interface. The result is a classic, where I invested a lot of time, and emerged happy and totally surprised to look at the real world again.""While the Age of Empires games are some of the best to be produced for PC, I would be reticent to recommend this particular game for beginners. There are too many mechanics to conquer. Users should start with a more basic game before diving into this one.""This was a great game when it came out. But now... wow! They revamped it with tons of new features. As well as a new and improved AI. It has to be my favorite game as of this moment in time."
- "I played this on my PC and it's really one of the coolest ones that you can play on Windows for its genre. Been bummed out a lot and I always come back to this game"
- "Always been a fan of empire type games. Needing a good empire building game to play on PC I started to play "Age of Empires II HD" and I love it! This is a great classic that I'll be playing for a long time. I loved the first of the series and this is just as good or even better! ""Played the OG AoE when I was a kid and this game is the best. Better graphics and gameplay than the first and it deffo didn't disappoint""This game is the best of them all. It already has a lot of depth, but adding the expansion pack, gives so many possibilities. I would recommend this to anyone who is into role playing games. "
- "The Age of Empires II HD brings back good old memories from my childhood and helps creates new ones with a good multiplayer support. It has good music and visuals and the improved AI in HD keeps me busy for hours. "
- "Age of Empires II isn't one I'd recommend, especially if you play on a higher res setup. Not sure why, but they are missing some of the basic things that would make this work with more systems and you can even get the picture on-screen if you have a higher res screen, certainly not a 4K. There's other glitchy stuff too that just annoys.""The Age of Empires II in HD brings back good old memories. I like that it spans over thousands of years of history and I can play it in single player mode or in multiplayer one. Lots of new features to check out too.""This game does not solve the city building games on PC issue. I say this because it is a trategy game where you trade cards and are in a town in the middle ages. I think when people think city they think more modern."
- "Age of Empires II HD is a classic real time strategy game. If you like Starcraft, original Warcraft games, or any real time strategy at all, Age of Empires is the grand daddy of all of them, this one is a can't miss. "
- "Age of Empire II is a phenomenal new game set in Japan during the 14th Century. The game features dynamic graphics and user interface. It can be played as a single player or multiple player. It is a lot of fun and should be checked out for you gamers.""Well I had this problem of having too much time on my hands, I really missed the age of empires game I used to play back in school and then I found the wonderful game again! Its so much fun, I love how it doesn't take so much effort to play."