This solution is ranked
in What are the best Mystery games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best narrative games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Cinematic games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PC games to play on HalloweenRead user opinions
in What are the best games with a great soundtrack on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Horror Survival games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best video game storylines for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games for PCRead user opinions
What the community says about Alan Wake
- "Been playing this for years now since its first release in 2012 and I must say this thriller and action-mystery game is one hell of an adventure. This is so engaging that you will be immersed into Alan Wake's life as his wife goes missing. A little fun fact, this is an episodic game that has a nice story plot (6 episodes crafted like the tv series).""I was getting tired of playing the same old games so I sought out something new in the mystery genre on Steam. I found Alan Wake and I was immersed. The game plays almost like a tv show as you take the point of view of a novelist who is trying to solve a disappearance. I was engrossed in the story and the mystery of it.""Alan Wake is one of the best story driven mystery games there is. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous and the game still plays great five years after its release. The tense murder mystery is a great experience for anyone who is new to gaming or a veteran.""Although I've never payed this game before from what i saw in the video and the images i think Alan Wake is a great solution for Mystery games on steam because it has a great story. I think for 9.99 i would consider buying this game. "
- "Alan Wake is one of the best horror games on Steam. From the moment I played that game I got sucked into this horror world where Alan is investigating the disappearance of his wife. Before you know it he is on a trail where he is meeting the supernatural. I really enjoyed it and it gave me quite a scare.""I like how the mystery unfolds as I play this game. There's really the horror part. ""This is a very cliche story but was delivered in a manner that was masterful. Journalist and cults mystery stories really just stimulate the mind."
- "Alan Wake is a survival horror third person shooter with an odd twist that you're a horror writer trying to stop the evil, very unique I think. The combat is pretty standard but the enemies are interestingly protected but I don't want to give too much away. It's a really long adventure and full of twists and surprises. Truly a fun game.""An interesting game and great graphics, can't ask for too much more! I love this game and want to continue playing it time after time. Very interesting plot and game play throughout. If you have not played this game before, definitely check it out and enjoy!"
- "The problem with the Alan Wake game is that it is just too absorbing. It is best used on a rainy day when you have no pressing obligations because you will not be able to tear yourself away from seeking out the next reveal in the story. Gotta say I am not alone in loving this game; every friend I recommended it to felt the same way. I’d give it an enthusiastic 5 stars. ""The graphics on this game are really cool! Definitely one of the better cinematic games out there. However, the story is a bit silly and not very realistic. But I would totally recommend this game to a friend!""I love my Steam account because the list of games is infinite. I decided to try out Alan Wake. I wish I didn't, what a boring game that tries to hide how much it sucks with a bunch of cut scenes."
- "So I tired of playing games with a bad soundtrack so I looked for games with a GREAT soundtrack and was able to find Alan Wake, an action-adventure videogame. It follows a story line of a best selling thriller novelist called Alan Wake. Its a beautiful game and I love it.""This was such a great suggestion! Alan Wake has an amazing soundtrack and this is exactly what I was looking for! I don't even want to play the game, I just want to listen to the soundtrack!"
- "The plot for this game is absolutely fantastic, and you'll want to fly through the game to get to the end of all its twists and turns. The game play itself, however, is worth slowing down for, as a lot of its more finer points are better appreciated when you take the time to look for them.""Alan Wake is a PC game that is story driven. The issue is that the page linked doesn't let you purchase the game anymore. Existing owners of the game can buy DLC but new customers can't purchase the game. I would say this doesn't really effectively address your listed problem."
- "I have played "Alan Wake" and I could not stand the main character. It's always some corny story about a handsome writer caught in his own stories. In other words, it is dull as ditch water.""Mystery and horror in a video game where you try to fight darkness and fear and solve the mystery while saving love too, a little bit of something for everyone"