This solution is ranked
in What are the best paranormal gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Gothic games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games on Steam that are darkRead user opinions
in What are the best Horror Survival games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PC games with horror that doesn't rely on jump scaresRead user opinions
in What are the best PC games to play on HalloweenRead user opinions
in What are the best narrative games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best exploration PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the scariest single-player gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Atmospheric games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best survival games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best indie gamesRead user opinions
What the community says about Amnesia: The Dark Descent
- "Horror games are not something I usually play and Amnesia: The Dark Descent is one I can only play if other people are home with me. This is a creepy gothic PC game. Poor Daniel is all along in a dark castle trying to find his way back to the real world against the evil Alexander. ""This Gothic game off Steam is so much more than a game- it's a chilling, horror story that keeps you interested and keeps you playing due to its one of a kind story line. With 3D graphics and a creatively terrifying story, this game is sure to keep you intrigued. "
- "I love this one. This is definitely a great horror game on the PC. I've put a lot of hours into it before and it's just a wonderful horror game. It also plays pretty well on PC and you can download a few mods for it as well.""Okay, I fear the unknown the most and i think this is what makes the game more interesting. The immersive puzzle solving and the story is compelling."
- "A really terrifying game (which in this case is a compliment). Supports 6 languages and multiple operating systems, Amnesia is reviewed as Overwhelmingly Positive by the Steam community and it's easy to see why. An incredibly immersive POV horror game.""Whenever I play this game, my heart races since the character slowly loses the memory. And I should win before that happens. ""Amnesia is like Dark Souls in a more freaky light. It simply screams fear and despair as you scrounge around the game trying to find answers.""This one's creepy from start to finish--like if Nolan's "Memento" was a horror film instead of thriller/suspense. I really enjoyed the aspect of having to relearn my character's memories in this game."
- "It's great to see a game such as this one which has given me the thrill of groping in the dark. Aside from Outlast, this game won't make any weapon available for you to fight back. You only just hide wth. It gotta retain the imaginary sanitary meter to stay in the game. What a struggle to find the light source to replenish sanity. But hey I like the puzzle solving in this game.""Amnesia is a dark, scary game that I tried to play but honestly it scared me to much. This is one of those games that will have you jumping out of your chair every few minutes. It's amazingly fun, but extremely scary. ""Sometimes you just want to join the dark side. "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" on Steam should fill the bill. This really isn't my cup of tea (I don't pay for horror movies), but it might be yours."
- "An award winning single player game that lets me play the protagonist, Daniel, through a series of scary adventures and puzzles. Easy to download and update via the Steam environment. Whenever I feel the need to get my heart pounding with fear this is my first choice."
- "I love PC horror games, but hate games with cheap jump scares. Amnesia: The Dark Descent is not like that. It relies more on environmental tension and horror. It's an insanely creepy game. I've been scared out of my mind several times. I don't want to spoil anything, but I it's got a great story, too. I highly recommend Amnesia if you love really scary games.""This is probably one of the most recognized horror games on the PC. If you haven't heard about it by now, then I question where you've been! It's cheap, it's fun and you'll have a blast."
- "Amnesia is a fun and scary game to play in the dark on Halloween. It is a first person exploration game where you cannot attack and you have to run and hide from enemies. There are a lot of scary events in the game and the atmosphere is very tense and frightening. It is great for Halloween if you want to be scared.""I was searching for scary PC games to play on Halloween when I stumbled across Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I really enjoyed this game, but it is really dark and creepy, so I would have to be in the right mood to play. Halloween was the perfect time for this game though!"
- "This game was a little dark for me. I guess I should have known what I was getting into seeing as the game description warned that it would "chill me to the core," but I figured that I was brave enough to play. Turns out I'm a wimp. I think I'll stick to Sims! I'd recommend it those who like their entertainment of the terrifying variety. ""Amnesia as a narrative game is really stretching at best. Amnesia at its core is a psychological horror game. The narrative in Amnesia is told throughout the game and through diaries that are found. I would say it's almost like any other game and has bare minimum narration. It pales in comparison to RPG's or a game like Planescape Torment. "
- "The game is a first person shooter for Windows based around a medieval theme. It's fun to explore all the castle rooms trying to figure out who you are since the character has amnesia. There are fierce battles and intriguing puzzles to figure out along the way. A very fun game for sure.""Amnesia is the most advanced and experienced exploration game that I have found in the past year. It makes the time go by so fast and you just get lost in the game. Everything about the game is great and really helps you become engulfed in the game. ""The puzzles get old very quickly and their repetitive nature becomes quite frustrating. The screen is so dark that it's nearly impossible to see anything, at all. Dated, boring and not very much fun. "
- "I usually don't like horror. Whether it's movies or games, I stay away from anything horror. I heard my friends raving about Alien: Isolation and reluctantly decided to give it a try and I have to say I really like it. Keeps my energy up and makes me feel like I'm exploring a whole new world. ""If you're looking for a game that'll get your heart race up and possible lead you to soiling your underwear, Amnesia is the game for you. Along with being a decent horror game, the plot is actually interesting and will have you invested in it. Definitely one for the horror fans."
- " Amnesia: The Dark Descent's puzzles aren't especially impressive and the voice acting can range from convincing to goofy, but the atmosphere Frictional has infused into the experience is as powerful as they come. It's a tale of terror that's menacing and disturbing from the very first moments, and only amplifies the further you progress. Any fan of horror, every Lovecraft fan, and any with even a hint of curiosity should give Amnesia a shot.""Are you ready to be scared? Amnesia: the Dark Descent is the latest in the Amnesia collection. These games deliver a lot of mystery and the mystery in The Dark Descent is challenging and fun. It really drew me in and I spent many an hour trying to figure out just what the heck I was doing. ""I think this game is a solution for Atmospheric Games. I haven't played it but from the blurb I read on steam it looks pretty legit. It reminds me of another game I played on steam called don't starve.""I needed the best Atmospheric games on Steam. A friend told me about Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I got it and regretted it very soon after. The story was alright, but the gameplay was horrible."
- "There are a lot of different types of Survival games, some are about hunting and living off the land. Amnesia twists the idea and makes you the hunted forcing you into a unique role fighting for survival. It definitely provided a lot of mechanics was hoping for and the dark atmosphere really got my adrenaline rushing.""If I had to come up with a phrase that would encapsulate this whole game, it would be "the hunter becomes the hunted". I experienced legitimate fear while playing this game and tried my best to play and stay in the light to avoid any surprises.""Definitely one of my favorite survival horror games right up there with the Silent Hill series. The graphics are not anything stunning, but it's got an interesting plot and will keep you up at night. As with most games in this genre there are lots of twists and surprises, turn the lights off and have a good time!"
- #28 of 72
in What are the best indie games"This is one dark and scary game to play. The game's title already hints to that but you don't really realize it until you get to play it first hand. You'll want to stay in the light if you want to keep focus and get anything done. That's the kind of game this is.""Amnesia: The Dark Descent is developed by Frictional Games which is a private, Indie game developer. The game is on Steam so this qualifies as an Indie Game on Steam and is a suitable solution for the problem.""Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a great game for thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies, you never know when you're safe or what's coming next. A little too scary for me but I'm sure many will love this."