This solution is ranked
in What are the best paranormal gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Lovecraft based games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best PC games with horror that doesn't rely on jump scaresRead user opinions
in What are the scariest single-player gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Horror Survival games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games on SteamRead user opinions
What the community says about Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
- "An old-school horror game that would otherwise be fun but the numerous bugs throughout make it an exercise in frustration. Many levels have places where progress will freeze because of them, and for whatever reason the issues are worse on newer systems. After just a few plays I'd had enough of the headaches. Look elsewhere.""Opening sequence is very creepy. Intense graphics and scary story line. Easy to imagine yourself in this one...a little too easy, which makes it downright terrifying. "
- "So far into the game I love it and dig the autmosphere/immersion. The personalities in the game really crack me up. Few graphical glitches thus far but nothing terrible. It is suprisingly orginal. I hope the game does not have bugs that break the experience cause so far I find it very interesting and novel in such a way as to appease my taste. For what it cost I figured what the heck. Plus I have wondered about this game for quite some time. For the time it was made it really has some interesting graphics and effects going in it.""lets me make quick decisions..this is one of the games that pressures me to think very fast.. the story is pretty mundane but still imrpessive.""While this game does not have a lot of reviews the reviews it has received have been pretty good. It's also a PC game on the highly regarded STEAM website so I believe it's a great solution."
- "I was excited to try this game, but ultimately I was disappointed by the experience. I love puzzles (and hate jump scares) and the graphics look really detailed, so I really hoped I would enjoy this. But it turns out there were too many bugs, and it crashes all the time. Plus it doesn't run on Windows 10, so it could really use an update - and some patches to fix the bugs. ""Call of Cthulhu is how a horror game should be done! It actually scared me! It didn't really on jump scares which really don't scare me and actually used the story to scare me instead."
- "It's the immediate wake of Halloween, and so I'm still on a horror movie and scary game kick. I thought I'd give Call of Cthulu, a loose adaptation of some scenarios and characters from H.P. Lovecraft's novels, a try. Unfortunately the game is not supported for more recent Windows operating systems; until I find a patch that works, the game is unplayable for me. "
- "Love this game. The graphics are pretty awesome, and the gameplay is addictive. I enjoy the survival element as well and just how unique the game is. I find myself sitting down to play for a few minutes, and, an hour later, I'm still playing! Check it out!"
- "I love me some Lovecraftian horror, and Call of Cthulhu doesn't disappoint. (I've got to wonder, am I the only one that loops Metallica's instrumental tribute while I play?) The game itself is adequate; the graphics aren't stunning, but they're gory in all the right ways; it's the nastiness, though, that I like best. The pools of blood and eldritch horrors are what I need to start my day."