This solution is ranked
in What are the best platform games for Nintendo SwitchRead user opinions
in What are the best metroidvania games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best casual indie games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best metroidvania PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Games for Nintendo SwitchRead user opinions
in What are the best indie gamesRead user opinions
What the community says about Cave Story+
- "Cave Story+ is a very well made and polished platform game which is perfect for the Nintendo Switch. It's easy enough to be enjoyable by everybody but hard enough to give even seasoned gamers a challenge, which makes it perfect for just about everyone. As of now there aren't a ton of great platformers on the Nintendo Switch, which makes Cave Story+ all the more appealing, it's probably the best you can get.""This game provides a terrific retro-feel and i've always loved the cave story games because they are simply addicitive but this takes the cake as the most fun to play :)"
- "The game is super simple when it comes to design of levels and enemies. To some that's really appealing and a sort of throwback to a more simple time. This is a Metroidvania game in and out, though to me it just doesn't hit the mark of a modern one.""I have this game on my nintendo switch. Been meaning to play this game for the longest time. I always hear my friends playing this game when I was younger. Now that I finally played this, this game did not disappoint.""Cave Story+ is a great solution to this problem. It is a metroidvania game available on Steam, and has very positive reviews - overall a great fit."
- "It really leaves alot to desire. I feel like this game is way past its era in time. It reminds me of a cheap knockoff of mario brothers. Even through the levels its like they stole the ideas from mario. That being said with all the games upgrading every year this one is sure to be left behind and the dust to collect on top of it. On steam or not I don't recommend it at all.""Cave Story+ is just an expansion of a free game. And I've never been fond of "metroidvania." Frankly, if you want to play "classic 8- and 16-bit games," why not just...go play those games? Nintendo only re-releases their SNES/NES library every other year. Frankly, this game is dated, it's obsolete. Save your time and go play something new."
- "If you like the challenge of an old school platform or Metroidvania style game, this one is for you. This will bring back all the feels of playing on your old NES and SNES system. I love the skill needed to progress through this game and the graphics and music are so enjoyable. I wish I could skip cutscenes, but that's a little complaint for all the massive positives this game boasts.""I bought this game becauseI love Metriod and I love Castlevania. So I thought I would give a metroidvania pc game a try... Well, it's everything I wanted and more! The soundtrack resembles exactly what I would expect from a metroidvania game and the levels are perfect. The story holds up well and the gameplay is stellar."
- "I just got a new Nintendo Switch for my birthday. I wanted a cool game to play that everyone recommends and I found Cave Story+. Wow, this is a great game! It's a classic indie game that all my friends recommended to me. I can see why, since after playing it for several hours, I really enjoy it. The game-play is great and the story is awesome. I know the graphics are a turn-off for some people since they're so retro, but to be honest you don't even notice that. It's the whole package that matters. Check it out if you have a Nintendo Switch!""Cave Story is a delightfully enjoyable game. There is shooting and jumping and adventures, but in a very retro-feeling sort of way. It has a very classic Nintendo charm about it and the characters remind me of some of the earliest Nintendo games. It is not bloody and gory or even realistic in it's graphics, which makes it more enjoyable than videos that are too realistic and uncomfortable in it's killing and weaponry. Cave Story is just delightful, retro fun."
- #20 of 72
in What are the best indie games"This is a very activity packed game. Whenever I play it, I feel like I'm actually doing something. You feel like you're exploring real world adventures and you can customize the interface to fit your liking."