This solution is ranked
in What are the best Historically accurate grand strategy games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best government simulation gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best empire building PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best games about history on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games that involve diplomacy on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Strategy games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PC epic strategy gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best war strategy gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games for PCRead user opinions
What the community says about Crusader Kings 2
- "I wanted a strategy and RPG game and luckily enough I was able to find this game. I thought Crusader Kings II had everything I wanted and more. I've only played this game for about 5 hours and plan to put in a lot more. It's scary accurate in terms of history and taught me a lot. I recommend this if you're wanted to have a wild time.""Pretty much any game about the Crusades is automatically going to be incredibly wrong, not to mention very focused on the "point of view of the winners." I'd rather get my European dogma elsewhere, thank you very much.""Bored with all you current games? Crusader Kings II lets you live out your medieval fantasies!"
- "Again, Paradox is a game company known to develop strategy sandbox games on a grand scale--this is particularly true with this government simulator. I consider this as one of the most challenging yet rewarding strategy games. Europa Universalis is among the league. If you enjoy whack-a-mole while managing resources, this is for you.""I believe CK2 is the best story generator out there in terms of government simulation. The graphics may not be at par with other games but man, the history just keeps on getting interesting even if I've played this for almost 2 months. I keep on discovering new things like the pre-set politics that really stirs up the political air. I can choose among staggering number of possibilities on how I would want to turn the tide of war and era."
- "I think there was a better solution. The question was empire building pc games. The solution was just Crusader Kings 2. The solution should have brought me to a page that gave an overview of the Empire games cumulatively with some discussion. Such as http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=empire+building+PC+games""gotta love this game because of its middle aged setting and the smooth gameplay and awesome graphics and base building""Crusader Kings II is a run-of-the-mill game. Nothing too spectacular in graphics or action. Narration audio in on the monotone side so rather boring, but it is understandable. Storyline is typical of one medieval group against another. Price is average."
- "It is very good that one may have an interest in history through gaming, but you must not let games taint the facts that have taken place throughout history. Games are like books and movies, potentially can reveal alot of truths, yet they can also run with a story from a biased perspective, and in turn will destroy any type of credibility they may contain.""Crusader Kings II is a historical simulator based in the Middle Ages during the Crusades, one of the more forgotten eras in terms of gaming recently. You take control of historical legends like William the Conqueror as you fight for control of the Holy Lands. ""I was looking for a historical game to play on Steam, and this is decent. It isn't quite as historically accurate as I would like, and the history aspect is more like random cameos from figures from the past. But it's better than most!"
- "Brute force isn't everything. I used to think it was. But now I know there's a lot to be said for finesse. I play CK2 when I want to exercise my steel hand/velvet glove technique. I can't just go bashing around shooting and looting, I have to think hard about my strategy and make sure I don't let on about who I am planning to conquer. Life is definitely a finesse game, so if I have to choose between my fave shooter and CK2 I guess I'm all about CK all day. ""I tried this game out. I'm mostly a pacifist when playing games. I thought game would allow more cooperating for some reason. Anyways, there's not a lot devoted to allying yourself and more devoted to attacking and maiming. Why can't we all get along?"
- "I think Crusader Kings 2 looks like a great strategy game. It is in a medieval setting which is kind of stale to me by now, so many games are set in that time period. The gameplay seems deep and immersive, I could see myself getting absorbed into this game for hours on end.""I've always been dreaming of conquering other foreign countries and now I can relieve my dreams in this fantastic strategy game!""Crusader Kings 2 is a follow up to the popular stratery game from a few years ago. It's fun to play and involved troops from the middle ages. Highly recommended if you like the middle age setting."
- "Ever wish you could go back to the Middle Ages? Now you can! Crusader Kings 2 is a new game that sets back to 782! Play with historical figures such as Charlemagne and William the Conqueror. So rad!""I love playing strategy games and crusader kings is no exception. When I first played it I got caught up playing for 10 hours straight."
- "I don't know if it's the best but it's a really fun one. I like rome total war a little bit more but this is very enjoyable too. I'd download it."