This solution is ranked
in What are the best survival games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 survival gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One survival gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 survival games that can be played offline with a good frame rateRead user opinions
in What are the best open-world multiplayer survival games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best roguelike wilderness survival games for PC with fun crafting mechanicsRead user opinions
in What are the best games similar to MinecraftRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One indie gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best single-player games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best survival games that are open world base building horror single players for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best sandbox survival games for Xbox OneRead user opinions
in What are the best games like Harvest Moon for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 Indie GamesRead user opinions
in What are the best survival games of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best roguelikes/roguelites on PCRead user opinions
in What are the best survival games for iOs and AndroidRead user opinions
in What are the best multiplayer survival simulators on PCRead user opinions
in What are the best games to play on PCs without dedicated graphics cardsRead user opinions
in What are the best Horror Survival games on SteamRead user opinions
What the community says about Don't Starve
- "I'm not usually a technical reviewer but I really have to commend the graphical style/ paper cutout effect that Don't Starve presents. It's a nice game to play for some good hours but I don't consider it a "best PC survival game"""An instant classic. It's just ironic that the title of the game is don't starve when I get to starve in real life just playing this game. I've spent hours and hours in this game and I still haven't figured it all out. I haven't even finished the game and I had this for a while. This game is insane!""A beautifully presented roguelike survival game with a robust crafting system, and a story that while isn't the best, has its good moments.""Don't Starve is not the best survival game I've played, but it's not the worst - just average. The graphics and set up are different in terms of how they were designed, but I wasn't a big fan of the plot.""This hit satisfies my requirements for a survival game I can play on my computer. I like that the hit is well rated and from a good game company. It is definitely a game I want to try."
- "IDK why but this one scares me, might it be the graphics or the sounds, or the gameplay, but that Nightmare Before Christmas feeling and design really spook the life out of me when I play this game. ""I like this game it's full of challenges and the graphics are cute but the atmosphere of the game is heavy and depressing"
- "This offers a really unique play style and concept as well as a more realistic way of surviving. It shows a good plot and a good reason to actually keep on playing the game!""Don't Starve is an overwhelmingly popular survival game on steam. It is open world and provides a multiplayer experience. It provides a very good solution to the problem."
- "This is an interesting game concept as it strenches your skills to survive under some very different situations. The user reviews are mostly positive and the features of the game are interesting and challenging to play. If you like to challenge your gamer skills you might want to take this tester."
- "Out of all the games similar to minecraft, i like this one the best. adventure is a very entertaining genre for me.""I love to play Minecraft so I thought I would find something similar and I was not disappointed! This game has been so much fun and I'll continue to play it for a long time to come.""As a fan of horror, I tries this game. And it didn't disappoint me. It's like Minecraft with a few scary stuff. ""Don't Starve is an addictive survival game similar to Minecraft. I was hooked for hours on this game."
- "Gorgeous graphics bringing to mind Lasse Hoile's work with Steven Wilson. I found it interesting that the character you play is named Wilson! The random maps are created well and the "no instructions" mode of play is perfect for someone who wants to figure everything out without a lot of guidance. Dropped a star and a half because it's not available for the XBox... but otherwise very enjoyable."
- "An interesting and exciting game to play. The game has decent graphics and is very fun to play. You have to find different items to craft things and structures. It has many different add ons that you can purchase to take the game further. There are many funny and interesting characters in this game. It will make the time pass very quickly when you open this app. ""This game is actually very interesting and very underrated it has various versions in different consoles and platforms but whatever platform you play it will I assure you it will be a game tor temember always."
- #4 of 21
in What are the best survival games that are open world base building horror single players for PC"I really liked the graphics of Don't Starve. Although everybody compares them to Tim Burton movies, they reminded me more of Edward Gorey. Basically, you're in a world where lots of normally cute things, like bunnies, are trying to kill you, and you have to kill them first in order to get anything to eat. The developers are constantly adding new parts of the world and new things for you to fight, so you'll never get bored - more likely just exhausted. ""This game offers a really rich and exciting gameplay! When I was playing it I remembered playing GBA and those sort of things because of the graphics and the feeling it gives.""As an armchair fan of the TV show, Survivor, Dont Starve is a fun game of survival where I can see how my choices affects my ability to survive. Whether it is my food, structures or or gathering other resources, this game shows me how my choices will either help me stay alive or not. Unlike the TV show, this game combines science and fun graphics, and creatures that make the adventure more entertaining."
- "Funny..Crazy..Unpredictable... My sister has been hooked to this exciting action-adventure game where she must survive in the wilderness by staying vigilant throughout the game as you have to do other stuff from crafting new weapons and items, as well as to farm to stay alive. This is definitely a game which somehow resembles Harvest Moon but in a more dark side. "
- "Don't Starve was not for me. It wasn't my kind of game. But I'm giving it a high review all the same, because it was quite good. It was imaginative, clever, has a wonderful aesthetic - it just wasn't for me. I found it to be quite repetitive, though in ways that I think fans of the genre will appreciate rather than curse. It was also rather punishing - and, again, many people enjoy that. If this is your kind of game, definitely buy this one."
- "This is ok but I do not see Don't Starve as one of the top roguelikes/roguelites games on PC. Some of the bigger choices might have been Caves of Qud , Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup , Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead, Nethack, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, FTL: Faster Than Light "
- "I think this is a good resource. It starts out with a video that shows what the basic game play looks like. It gives you a list of key features of the game and tells about game play. It will also tell you the needed system resources. Good starting point for the game. "
- "This game looks wonderful! I like the art style, very Burton-esque. I also like that its a survival game, they always make me think and provide entertainment, but this game also includes science and magic. Two topics that can work hand in hand to provide an amazing gaming experience. ""I love the graphics in this game. Unique, quaint, reminds me of old horror movies, and the fact that it can run perfectly on my dads family computer. This game is ace. Only complaint i have is that it gets boring fast if youve done everything there is to do in it"