This solution is ranked
in What are the best games with a great soundtrack on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games set on MarsRead user opinions
in What are the best games to play with gunsRead user opinions
in What are the best PC games with horror that doesn't rely on jump scaresRead user opinions
in What are the best shooting games for DOSRead user opinions
in What are the best gore gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Atmospheric games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best adult PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best multiplayer games on PCRead user opinions
in What are the best games on Steam that are darkRead user opinions
in What are the best gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games for PCRead user opinions
What the community says about Doom
- "Looking for a game outside of the Minecraft hoopla? Doom, the original adventure game for PC will take you to Mars in virtual reality. Play with more than one player, this is the godfather of all RPGs. This franchise was so popular it also created a movie and many other games heading in to the 2000s. This is where it all started and check it out to see how much its improved since its inception decades ago!""I wanted a space themed game to play. After a quick search I found out that the original shooter game, Doom, was based on Mars. A little research and I found out Doom basically started the shooter game genre. Fun game!"
- "From the screenshots of Doom it looks like it is a scary game but not the type of scary that makes you jump out of your skin. I really like the idea of the game Doom and the fact that it s a 3D game is even more appealing. However, I am a unfamiliar with the DOS Games Archive website which makes me hesitant to download from so I do not feel this is a strong solution. ""Jump scare horror games like 5 nights at Freddy's have taken over the past few years. I like the regular horror games that rely on gameplay, though. Doom is a classic example of that. It has tons of gore and monsters along with great weapons. I recommend for scary game lovers."
- "I have so many memories with this game. The one that started it all. Here it is in all it's originality, I am grateful to have found it. With a new level pack, it will be sure to be something that I will have lots of fun with.""Doom is one of the greatest shooting games for DOS. Its basically a virtual reality feel and works well for PCs. Definitely give it a shot."
- #7 of 33
in What are the best gore games"I dunno, I don't consider Doom to be a big gore game. I mean not in this day and age. Maybe when it first came out. There are better ones that I would pick."
- "Fast-paced it is! However, I don’t think the gore theme of this game is suited for everyone out there. They are brutal and atrocious. However, I understand it because it has an area-style combat. It is a great tool for improving reaction time of the player! ""While Doom is a great game, this solution is not great because it does not involve Steam. Furthermore, most users would probably be more interested in a more modern game and not something that is older.""What can be said about Doom? It's a stone cold classic and is absolutely critical viewing for any fan of the horror genre such as myself."
- #12 of 13
in What are the best adult PC games
- "One of gaming's most treasured properties, Doom experienced a truly auspicious rebirth in 2015 that showed the FPS community what a well-made FPS could look-like. With stunning graphics backed up by some of the best level design ever seen in gaming, Doom is a high-intensity thrill-ride backed by a fittingly aggressive metal soundtrack that ties the entire package together to form one of the greatest PC games in years."
- "If you're looking for a fun, dark, arcade-style shooter, Doom is the game for you. The one drawback is that it is very old, so the graphics are very basic and the gameplay is also relatively simplistic. Nonetheless, it is a very fun, dark game that is available through Steam.""This is a dark game I guess but it's just one. It's not really my style of game and I was hoping to find a list of games to look over."
- #35 of 48
in What are the best games"DOOM! Doom is one of the original first-person shooters. It is also one of the best. It may be old, but it still commands a following. It is easily modded and there are a plethora of user-made maps out there on the interwebs, so you don't have to worry about getting bored with playing the same old maps over and over again. Yes, this game is totally worth downloading. It is a piece of gaming history.""When I'm feeling old school when it comes to games, it's hard to beat one of the earliest and most important First Person Shooter games in history. Everybody starts with this one as a baseline. Hard to believe it's been going strong since 1993."
- "It seems every year around this time I get the urge to play horror games. So I was trying to find the best horror game for PC since my PC can outperform both my consoles and wanted a fully immersive experience. Doom is a great classic game. Doom is a fun game to play. The one thing Doom is not is the best horror game for PC. Unfortunately, the graphics are so outdated with this title that this game would not scare anyone."