This solution is ranked
in What are the best games to play on PCs without dedicated graphics cardsRead user opinions
in What are the best free multiplayer gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best online adventure gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best online PvP gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best games for Windows 7Read user opinions
in What are the best Strategy games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best 5v5 games onlineRead user opinions
in What are the best free downloadable PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Online multiplayer battle arena (MOBA) video gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PvP PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best battle arena gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Free games on steam to run on a low end laptopRead user opinions
in What are the best free co-op gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best MOBA PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best multiplayer games to play on Intel Integrated GraphicsRead user opinions
in What are the best NVIDIA GeForce-supported gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best 4-player co-op action RPG games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best MOBA games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best multiplayer games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Games to stream on TwitchRead user opinions
in What are the best games in the worldRead user opinions
in What are the best multiplayer games on PCRead user opinions
in What are the best free LAN party gamesRead user opinions
in What are the coolest fun gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PC RTS games for beginnersRead user opinions
in What are the best free to play gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best multiplayer gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best LAN party games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best online multiplayer PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best games for nerdsRead user opinions
in What are the best games to play without graphic card and low RAM memoryRead user opinions
in What are the best games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best gamesRead user opinions
What the community says about Dota 2
- "I love playing games online, particularly with others, but my computer lacks the graphics capability that I need to play most games smoothly. Dota 2 is an awesome multiplayer game where you go on adventures with your team. Best of all (for me at least), you don't need a dedicated graphics card to play!""Been playing DOTA ever since I was a kid, yelling at people in internet cafes. Seeing the second DOTA with better graphics that plays smoothly in even low-qual PCs is a dream come true for an old laptop owner like me"
- "When I'm looking for a good Windows 7 game, I often boot up DotA 2 on Steam. The successor to the popular Warcraft 3 map, it builds on the original idea in all sorts of interesting ways. It maintains all the complexity of the original version, unlike LoL which ended up dumbing down a lot of aspects to keep it easier for an audience to follow.""It takes me awhile to learn new video games, but I'm enjoying this one. I haven't even tried out all the different heroes yet. They're all free, so you can pick whichever one suits your personality. You can play with real people or with bots. At this point, I'm still learning the game so I mostly play with bots."
- "I don't think there is any question if Dota is the top on this list! I know there are many rising moba games with good graphics too, but Dota basically breathed life into the genre! The maps, the team work and the skill levels, all are copied by other mobas right now!"
- "It has been years since Dota 2 was released and it is 2018 now but i am still playing this. XD Well, tbh this game isn't looking for casual players but it does has plenty of tools to help newbie players to learn more about the game. But there are times that new player go immediately into PvP matchmaking w/o taking some time to learn abt the basics of the game so they start hating on the game. lol""It has been years since Dota 2 was released and it is 2018 now but i am still playing this. XD Well, tbh this game isn't looking for casual players but it does has plenty of tools to help newbie players to learn more about the game. But there are times that new player go immediately into PvP matchmaking w/o taking some time to learn abt the basics of the game so they start hating on the game. lol"
- "DOTA 2, short for Defense of the Ancients 2, is a well-loved game in the MOBA genre. I had a lot of fun picking from the wide variety of heroes, though I generally stick to playing the carry role. Each game was new and unique, since I was matched with players from all over the world in each game. ""This is the only MOBA I've played on my PC. I played Dota even on its earliest release, and Dota 2 made plenty of options available for a more competitive gameplay. I remain loyal to Dota 2.""Being a big fan of MOBA games, I have yet to try Dota 2. I have seen the game on Steam and I will probably try it at some point. The game paly looks fun and fast paced.""If you cannot learn to play you are dumb and really MOBA is not for you. JUST stick with CS GO. :)"
- "If you're like me and have only an intel integrated graphics card, you may think that all the best games are out of reach. Well, I felt that way until I played the recent Dota 2 game! Man, was I wrong! This thing loads flawlessly on my integrated chip and the graphics and gameplay are amazing! I can play it at full speed and one of my friends even asked if I'd upgraded my laptop! I just love the game, being a hero and all the battles but if you're looking for flawless high graphic gameplay that won't slow your integrated machine this one is it! "
- "This game does fit the bill of what I'm looking for. It clicks every box of what I'm looking for with action, RPG and co-op."
- "This should be on the top of the list or at least at the top 3 for me. This is the true moba and is way, way better than LOL. 💯""Really kept my mind working the whole time. It kept me interested and intrigued as to what would come next."
- "I think many will agree with me when I say Dota 2 is the best online battle multiplayer game. It's not a game for the light-hearted though coz players tend to be aggressive, expect to be trolled. It might also take a while for you to fully learn but once you do, you'll enjoy and probably get addicted to it for a while 😉"
- #5 of 28
in What are the best PC games"If you're looking for a game you can sink years of your life into, this is the one for you. Best MOBA ever""This game looks about the same to me as others like this. I guess it is ok."
- "If you're looking to get into streaming Dota 2 is a great game to start with. The MOBA genre is really active right now and Dota 2 being free to play makes for a large potential audience. I prefer to stream Dota 2 over other MOBAs because being available on Steam gives it more exposure than other games."
- "Aimed at gamers who enjoy a high-degree of mechanical complexity in their games, Dota 2 features a fully-fleshed and aesthetically unique design philosophy. It's great from a competitive standpoint and encourages team-oriented play.""I don't know how League of Legends overtake Dota 2 in this rankings. When in fact, LOL just copied Dota 2's gameplay, mechanics, and all. Still this is number 1️⃣ for me. 💯"
- "Dota's pretty good for teaming up if you're into that, but out of all the LAN options this is not one I'd put at the top. It's fairly forgettable and as this one is the second, it's not really an improvement on the first either."
- "I have just gotten into gaming. I like to play everything but I absolutely love to play real time strategy games. I am always constantly looking for the best RTS games to play. One recent one that I was able to find was Dota 2. Dota 2 is so far the best RTS game I have found for beginners. I thought it would be hard but it’s so easy and fun to play. ""With the walkthrougs and tuts that are offered I feel that this is a great RTS game for beginners, I like that it is so descriptive and easy to follow along with even though it is a second installment to a game. ""I am just a beginner. This game has really come through for me in teaching me how to play this type of game!"
- "I was looking for a good game that I can play with my co-workers during down-time at the office, and came across this. It really isn't practical for this sort of application, though, because it's pretty intensive and distracting. It's easy to become over-absorbed in it, and work ends up on the back-burner. Not good at all for my purposes.""This is the best and most addictive multiplayer game out there especially if you're done with the learning curve and skilled enough. It's not for everyone but playing feels so rewarding 💪""I like that I can do multiplayer to play with friends. I also like that I can choose over a hundred heroes to play so it is like I am never playing the same game. The graphics are pretty great also.""I enjoy this competitive game of action and strategy. It is played both professionally and casually by millions of passionate users worldwide. You pick from a pool of over a hundred characters, forming two teams of five heroes. Then the battle for control begins! Enjoy waging campaigns of cunning, stealth, and full on warfare.""Dota 2 is the 2nd most popular MOBA behind league of legends. It's free to play and lots of fun.""It's a very popular game. It may not be ideal for an office, but it is multiplayer."
- "DOTA 2 is an almost perfect MOBA: the heroes are interesting, the balance is top notch, there's a llot of mods... The only bad thing are the childish audience. So my advice to fully enjoy this game is to create a group with closed friends. You''ll have a great time together instead of bear a lot of negative comments.""I daresay this game is the pioneer of all MOBAs out there. This remains the best MOBA for me.""Have I known that Dota 2 has a LAN function aside from the online, Me and my classmates would've skipped classes to play 5v5 and bet some bucks. Thanks for letting us know about this lol""Dota 2 is available for PC on Steam. Though there's no information about being able to play in a LAN on its Steam page, it looks like it is possible to do."
- "It's hard to decide on which one is best between this or LoL. Both have their pros and cons. Whichever you end up playing, however, you're guaranteed to be playing some of the best online multiplayer pc games that the genre has to offer.""Dota 2 is a game that I have been hooked on since I was in middle school! The online multiplayer function was a sort of new thing back then and was really cool and interesting. Being able to play with my friends was cool, but now being able to play with people literally from whole other countries is just amazing to me! Dota never becomes boring or tiring especially when you get to meet a lot of new friends!""Yeah yeah i know i am a girl but don't fret because i believe i have the skills to beat you on Dota 2. Actually, at first i wasn't interested with this but then my bf is so addicted to it that i wanted to learn this so i asked him to teach me how to play so we can spend time together playing this. And after i learned the basic i got hooked on this and i sometimes even beat him. XD""Every day, millions of players worldwide enter battle as one of over a hundred Dota heroes. And no matter if it's their 10th hour of play or 1,000th, there's always something new to discover. With regular updates that ensure a constant evolution of gameplay, features, and heroes. Very fun game with an active community""I was looking for a game to play online with my friends and I found this. It was really fun, and I was introduced to many other friends too. "
- #11 of 12
in What are the best games for nerds
- #30 of 34
in What are the best games on Steam
- "While many will argue with me that Dota 2 is actually the best RTS game, I stand my ground that it's not the best. This may have been the best a decade or so ago, but the game has not aged well. There are much better newer games these days.""RTS is all I play, and Dota is the game that started them all. I was looking for an RTS I could play on the PC and this is as good as it gets. Can't believe I forgot about it! Perfect solution to my query."
- "Steam is the gold standard for PC gaming, and with more and more gamers looking for that perfect RTS game, providers need to be able to offer such games, in secure and reliable environments. DOTA 2 is one of the most fun games I have ever played and has been a staple of my game playing experience for years. This game has ridiculous depth, and I am always learning new things. That being said it also pretty easy for a beginner to come to the game and enjoy the game instantly. "
- #42 of 48
in What are the best games"Dota 2 is too competitive. There are many characters you can choose from to play, which is fun, but the fellow players ruin the experience. They are cut-throat and turn what could be an enjoyable game into a chore. It's too stressful and not relaxing as a game should be.""I don't really get all the hype behind DOTA 2. I've heard about it for years, it has a song and everything, but what is the point exactly? The graphics blow and the game play is outdated. Pass."