This solution is ranked
in What are the best games with asynchronous multiplayer dynamics on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best 4X games for AndroidRead user opinions
in What are the best 4X games for iOSRead user opinions
in What are the best iPad board gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best indie games for AndroidRead user opinions
in What are the best turn-based strategy games for AndroidRead user opinions
in What are the best turn-based strategy PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best indie gamesRead user opinions
What the community says about Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy
- "This fulfills all of my requirements that I was looking for in a game. It's on Steam, it's multiplayer, and asynchronous. The graphics aren't great, but that is not the point and doesn't matter to me.""I love the game Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy when I am looking for an asynchronous multiplayer game! It is fun and provides countless hours of entertainment for my friend and I."
- "New Dawn for the Galaxy starts with everybody in a shady corner of an unexplored galaxy, though the game immediately begins forcing you out into the wild. The large amount of different technologies to experiment with, star systems to discover, and different racial powers gives Eclipse incredible depth and make it fun for me to play over and over.""Blatantly dumbed down for your average Android user, but still a fun time wasting game."
- "Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy would make for a compelling adaptation of the board game...if it worked right. Glitches throughout and lackluster multiplayer support add to the frustration. While the concept itself is promising, the implementation is lacking.""Too bad it's not available on mobile, both the iOS and Android. Anyway, I enjoyed playing this game. Just a little sad since my friend didn't experience playing it. I just recommended it to her then this happened! 😥""While the graphics aren't as snazzy as I would have liked, the game play is still quite fun and I enjoy the puzzler aspects. The music is surprisingly high quality as well; the soundtrack made it feel like I was in a movie or something."
- "It's a good simulation of the board game. A Strategic game that would give you hours of endless fun right from your iPad . Steampowered gives you a full description of the game and how to download it, and my favorite feature honest reviews. Last, a connection to a fan based community of the game Eclipse new dawn for the galaxy."
- "I opened this site and immediately felt comfortable with using it. It drew my attention due to no ads on the top of the main page, as well as it being on Steam (which is a known gaming source). I would have no issue with this and I think it is a great solution.""I like the concept of Eclipse it is true to the board game that I have enjoyed playing. The online game has a lot of problems though. It crashes when you try to play online multi players. It ends up being more frustrating than fun."
- "Eclipse is a promising game but fails at what it's supposed to be good for--online play. Playing solo against the computer is acceptable (reasonably) but once you start playing against others the games flaws come to the forefront, mainly synchronizing with others is an exercise in frustration at best. Might be worthy if you want a game against the AI but not recommended otherwise.""I had gotten a new Android phone and I was in the mood for a strategy game to play. I found Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy on the google play store and this game has now taken a lot of my time."
- "Eclipse actually was a fun game. I said WAS because somehow, other games are overtaking it in terms of popularity. The only plus side it has is that it is free to play. But then again, if it is a free game and other games are still getting mentioned, it says a lot about this game. I personally don't like the gameplay since it is kinda slow. The graphics are good, but not better than other games out there. The plot is very thin. ""I have different feelings about it. There is no excitement for me, because I can't relate on a personal level. I would for sure try this game, and try to learn new things about it. Although, this looks like a hard game to pick up on and just play, I don't like how a player doesn't have a character, it's more of a battle game, but I can tell a lot of hard work went into making this game.""This was one of the most fun games I have had the chance to play recently. This game really has all of the great aspects which make up a turn based strategy game."
- #48 of 72
in What are the best indie games"I was looking for a great indie game on Steam since I'm done playing most of my other games. I found Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy. This game is terrible. First of all, the graphics are awful. Second, the gameplay is SUPER boring. Third, the game crashes ALL the time on my computer. I hate it. I would not recommend this game to anyone. It may look cool, but it's boring and crashes too much for my liking.""Sadly while the concept is good, the online multiplayer aspect is glitchy at best and frustrating at worst. I've found the game often will un-sync with others right in the middle of a game, causing anguish when I'm unable to rejoin a game in progress (which has happened many times). The overall concept is enjoyable but the poor online interaction ruins what would be a great overall package.""I like to support the indie game-makers who produce cool new content for Steam. My latest find: Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy, which puts you in charge of waging intergalactic war. It's addictively fun and a great example of the talent of indie game developers on Steam. ""This official digital version of the ‘Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy’ boardgame is awesome. A masterpiece and enchantingly difficult gameplay. Very well thought out ideas and supportive storyline. Creative and new concepts that seem to keep the attention.""There are so many better indie games out there on Steam. I personally like Kerbal Space Program for my space fix. The Eclipse series is overplayed and past its time."