This solution is ranked
in What are the best empire building PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best government simulation gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best games about history on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games that involve diplomacy on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best strategy games for MacRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games on PC where APM doesn't matter that muchRead user opinions
in What are the best Historically accurate grand strategy games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best Strategy games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PC epic strategy gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best war strategy gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games on SteamRead user opinions
What the community says about Europa Universalis IV
- "I love these sort of empire-building games for the PC. I just got bored of Civilization, and went looking for a similar concept with a different design, and I found it. This will keep me occupied for a long time I think.""I've been looking for a game like Civ for a long time and seeing this game, with plenty of Civ's features and elements implemented on it, got me hooked to this one really fast!"
- "Super fun game for adventure and political simulation game lovers. I got hooked onto this game that is a great combination of power and decision making. It brings out the dominant side in you and gives you a chance to explore the limitless possibilities of creating and ruling a nation.""I play Europa in multiplayer mode. I like the freedom and flexibility this game gives me when it comes to decision making. For beginners, the historical trivia shouldn't constrain you in a way but let it guide you to decide for the bigger picture. I""If you like games like Civilization, then you'll love this. A friend got me into this, and I'm hooked! Just be careful, you'll lose hours and hours of your life to this game. "
- "Europa Universalis IV is an amazing strategy game. It is also full of history. The game is fun to play and advance through, and all the while you are also learning history. These kind of games can go on forever and are a lot of fun to play. The learning part is a great bonus.""There are a number of history based RTS games but Europa Universalis IV covers 1000's of years and gives you command of huge empires. Europa Universalis IV has always been the gold standard of history games and huge a large community following on Steam."
- "While the offered solution of purchasing Europa Universalis IV is acceptable, overall I find the solution to be bad. A better solution would be to use the steam engine to direct you to the entire genre of strategy or grand strategy games. Here you would have a plethora of options at your fingertips. ""I can't tell you how many countless hours I've put into these games, especially IV. If you enter during a sales event on Steam, you can usually get the entire bundle for a steal of the price! But even just the bare bone game is amusing and a worthwhile investment."
- "Honestly, I had problems when I first played this on my Mac. But after the update, everything ran smoothly. It has varying degrees of difficulties and you can ace the first parts easy. But when you start going up against the big guns, you will despair and probably chuck this game outta your window. That said, the difficulty of this game is insane and you'll need all your brain power to win!""Game is an absolute bore! I don't want to play a game that's basically a history book, I want to be entertained. Biggest issue of mine is that this game barely even worked for Mac! Tons of functionality issues.""Finally I can get a good strategy game for the Mac. I played Europa for years when I was mainly a PC user. Now that it is available for the Mac, all my free time will be gladly gone!"
- "I've been looking for an interesting RTS game, where I don't have to constantly be on edge, trying to get as many actions in as I can, and this one is it. I like the more relaxed pacing of Europa Universalis IV, as it lets me enjoy the moment and focus on the fascinating historical information worked into the play as well.""I don't play RTS games, and I've never played this one at all, but I can tell you that the company is in the middle of a shady practice with all their additional content. The base game is on sale, sure, and Steam has a return policy, but I just can't get behind this one. Go play Halo Wars or something."
- "Europa Universalis IV is a classic strategy style game with a modern graphics style that makes playing the game very immersive. The beautiful visuals combine nicely with the strategic and solid gameplay for a fun experience that will soak up hours of your time.""This game is as much a history lesson as it is a game. Yes, the maps are accurate and the scenarios are based on real historical events and conditions. A good solution in the quest for historically accurate gaming."
- "I have played Europa Universalis since the first game came out, and IV is the best. Not only does it provide strategic gameplay, but it is highly educational. Just from playing, you learn a lot abut history, picking up general and obscure geography, historical events, and a bit of foreign language. The only issue is the massive amount of DLC. I think they have something close to 11 expansions, which are all highly rated. To buy them all on Steam, you would have to pay over $200.""Building an empire needs qualities that kings possessed. In this game if you don't think like a king, your empire would fall.""If you were to look for one of the best strategy games on steam, Europa Universalis IV would be a nice way to solve this problem. It has a lot of depth and is a lot of fun."
- "After playing Stellaris, I really was looking for an epic PC strategy game. They are hard to find, however Europa Universalis IV provided was just the answer I was looking for. To have a game full of things like trade and diplomacy hit the mark right on the button!""Europa Universalis IV looks like an epic strategy game for PC to me. The trailer video is more than enough to suck you into another strategy time sucking game."
- "I find he forth version of any game is good news and bad news. Obviously they're doing something right to keep getting paid. On the other hand, been there, done that. Recent Steam reviews are only mostly positive, so I think I'll keep looking for something the peeps are more excited about.""Look at the reviews for this game and you will find so many who just love it. If you have a love of History, strategic games, and a flare for conquering and building Empires this game is for you. Conquer Europe and enjoy the wonderful graphics of this game for hours of enjoyment. "
- "There are hundreds of RTS games on the market but only one Europa Universalis IV. A huge world building and world managing game, Europa Universalis IV covers every time period from the very beginning of man. One of the most popular RTS's next to Civilization.""Love this game so far, you can do so much more than you could in previous version. I find the time flying really fast when playing this. I am surprised how detailed the information is."