This solution is ranked
in What are the best Historically accurate grand strategy games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best games about alternate history on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games about history on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best war strategy gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best WW2 gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games on SteamRead user opinions
What the community says about Hearts of Iron III
- "This is a hardcore strategy game so don't expect to be running around with a gun shooting things. It's historically accurate in its setup but lets you pick any country you want and play out World World II from that countries perspective. The tutorial will not help you, you need to be familiar with this style of game or willing to experiment until you figure things out. It's a great game and lots of fun, a must for any history buff!""Heart of Iron is a game for World War 2, the features and graphics was very real like and is a good typical game for war gamers. But for me it was to graphic. But being apart of the Army etc on the game was a fun feeling to see kind of what they do to prepare for war in real life.""While it's quite the remarkable game overall, the company's policies on downloadable content should give anyone pause before investing their time or money into this. Otherwise, expect to spend a lot of money in order to do whatever you want to do in the game. Not recommended."
- "WWII is pretty much where everyone turns to when they want an alternate history, but I'm certainly not complaining. It's fun and the story gives enough twists and turns that while it may not be super original, it's still plenty of fun.""Hearts of Iron is a great game for those who love to explore their fantastical side. You will get lost for hours playing this game. There is a giant world to explore and plenty of side plots to keep you coming back for more."
- "Hearts of Iron III is a must have for any WW2 buff AND serious war-gamer. The graphics are awesome and the game play is outstanding. You can play as a wide variety of countries with different scenarios, meaning that this game will never get boring. Whisk yourself away to the past and experience the Greatest Generation first hand.""Hearts of Iron III is a good strategy game about World War II. While it does have a learning curve learning how to play, it's an enjoyable experience for those who like to mix history and games together."
- #19 of 23
in What are the best WW2 games"I highly recommend trying out Hearts of Iron III, especially if you don't want to be bound by one side in a war. You can chose to be any of the three factions and I think that makes the game more interesting."
- "I feel this is a good solution. The game has addressed the problem and you can make plenty of decisions about the game. It has good reviews from pcworld and other sites. "
- "Hearts of Iron III is by Paradox Interactive that takes place during World War 2. This is a great RTS game that many players including myself have enjoyed. While the DLC can get quite pricey, the base game itself is plenty enough in itself to get started and experience what the game has to offer.""My friend and I got really into RTS games and was looking on Steam for a perfect one. While, I wanted something that was site in WW2, my friend wanted something that was interesting and Hearts of Iron III was the perfect mix of what we both wanted."